Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

breaker one nine Tejon users:wave:

foxhunter

To all you Tejon users..Wondering your thoughts on how well the tejon does on silver...Looking @ the Tejon for old iron infested home sites in plowed fields...I have found the cibola,Vaq,and 10k machines to do well.But the tejon is built for relics and heard it is good on brass etc...just wondering about the silver....thanks

I have a Tejon and I got it for coins and jewelry, but so far no deep silver coins, so I can't say it is a good silver machine. But I went to Tesoro's web site under the write up on the Tejon and I copied a section for you to read. Notice coins is listed before relics.

Ron in in WV

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are very proud to introduce the Tej

In mild ground the Tejon is deep on many targets. It does a little better on the mid-range conductors. Air tests are not an end-all be-all indicator, but do an air test on various coins. I think you will find the Tejon will find a nickle a little further out than it will find a silver dime or quarter. Personally, I think CZ's are a little deeper on silver, they mask more so sweep speed and hunting an area from multiple directions becomes more important, but the Tejon just kills on the gold. So far it has been my best producer of gold over the dirt. Oh and some coins are gold .. I just need to find one or two of those!
Cheers,
tvr

Tejon may not be the best on silver but here is a two month total. 38 silvers, two war nics. six pieces of jewelry and a nice old butter knife. None of it deep but quite a few in with trash that other detectors missed.

charlie dert said:
Tejon may not be the best on silver but here is a two month total. 38 silvers, two war nics. six pieces of jewelry and a nice old butter knife. None of it deep but quite a few in with trash that other detectors missed.

Mercy!!!! That's some nice silver you got there.:cheers:

tabman

charlie dert said:

Nothing better than a little show and tell, really nice bunch of finds.

Ron in WV

I had two tejons and they were great on coins-sold them but wish I had kept one of them.I will get another in time.
right now I'm thinking of the eldorado again and I had two/
the tejon is everythng they say it is and it does go deep in good soil-real deep.
David

Hi,
does important knows what do you mean a silver coins. If you will compare it in the fresh field, it is in practice simple airtest discipline, your Tejon lost with number of cheaper ID machines (and extremly expensive too, of course) because deep and separation is not important there. Important is to be over target first..... It is not about detector and detectorist, this a running race and lottery only... They will dig number targets, probably coins, and flied over surface as a meteorites... and you will still in the same place and looking for iron nucleus of the earth below ground water level....... and in the forest,in the plain meadow, in original ground, in the raw sites, this is ideal for Tejon. All of them would behind you. If you will hunted small targets, half gram silvers, they are lost if coins are deeper than 3 or 4 inches. And relics, old bronzes, no competition is not of the world. If you need old, oxidate buttons, Lobo will displayed them better, easier for hearing. For simple big coins, over 2 grams, my Vaquero is very used to be for me. Tejon is the best where others lost a hope. And a feeling is great, to be able hit targets over all who missed them... :)
This is my Tejon