Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Broke my Coil ear AGAIN!!! Attempting rear with Super Glue

Minelab should be embarrassed and ashamed for putting out such a good performing metal detector in an piece of junk cheaply made plastic coil and detector control. Nokta Makro builds a machine that retails for under $300, with solid sensible design, very high build quality, and loaded with great features, and can even withstand abuse like this.
Nokta Simplex keeps on working.
Over the top, but it proves his point.. Equinox owners are kludging together their thousand dollar machines' broken coils, with duct tape, plastic wire ties, glue and maybe even chewing gum, and Minelab doesn't seem to be concerned. Shameful.
It's obvious they aren't ashamed or they would have done something about all the different problems with the Equinox. They are selling plenty so why should they care.
The least Minelab could do is extend the warranty.
I just hope someone else develops technology to equal the equinox soon.

It's obvious they aren't ashamed or they would have done something about all the different problems with the Equinox. They are selling plenty so why should they care.
The least Minelab could do is extend the warranty.
I just hope someone else develops technology to equal the equinox soon.
That may just happen sooner than later. Nokta Macro has announced that they will release a Simultaneous Multi Frequency machine sometime during 2021.

That may just happen sooner than later. Nokta Macro has announced that they will release a Simultaneous Multi Frequency machine sometime during 2021.
I did here that.
Although I've owned several thousand dollars of minelab products and currently own 2 equinox 800s I can no longer recommend minelab products to people interested in getting started in metal detecting. Not with all the problems the 600 and 800 have.
Metal detecting is really important to me. I have health problems, one that could escalate to something very serious at anytime. So I spend money that I normally wouldn't be spending. I know what I'm getting into whe buying the equinox. That's why I have 2 and they are completely nonstock except for the coil and control box. And I have the coiltek coils on order.
For about 12 months now I have been recommending the Simplex. I just bought one for myself. I've hunted with it once and probably won't again but it's for friends that might want to give it a try. The 800 is a deeper machine and more customizable which I really like.
But look at the price difference, it should be better.
If the equinox didn't exist a nokta makro machine would be in my hands when detecting.

I really do not have any complaint with Minelab. They replaced the earlier broken coil fast and with no problems. True, it is not the strongest in the ears dept, but overall, it is a great machine, and a good value for the $$. I would def. recommend it.

That Bondo stuff invented/adapted by a dentist really works.JUst keep building up layers and its fixed