Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Broken coil cable E-Trac

WV62

I had a broken cable on my 8 x 6 and it is only a couple of years old. I repaired the cable but was looking to extend the cable life. I contacted Elmy and he sent me video of a guy doing the same thing with the coil cables. First in the video he suggested using a 7mm split conduit on the cable area from the coil to the area going into the shaft. I have some of that conduit on order.
Then he suggested turning the coil around backwards, I did that and it looked a lot better. After looking at that for a couple of days I had the thought to also turn the lower shaft around backwards as well. After doing that I now have almost a straight from the coil to the opening in the shaft.
This looks really good to me so I am going with it.
Just passing along ideas that may interest some E-Trac users.
Ron in WV

IMG_6064.jpgIMG_6065.jpg

Update, I hunted today with fix above for the first time and it works really well. When you adjust the coil angle the cable just slides up in the shaft or pulls a little out. I think the cable would never break again in that area.

Update, I hunted today with fix above for the first time and it works really well. When you adjust the coil angle the cable just slides up in the shaft or pulls a little out. I think the cable would never break again in that area.
That is a great idea and good report of actual performance in the field.
This should work well on most coils . Your idea should save many others from wearing the cable out on their coils.
Great work.

E L M Y