Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bronze Coin

The Lost Ring

I found a bronze coin in good condition. Presumably AD 550-580.

Attachments

• 18CBE45F-7DA5-4EC8-9907-AA9F83A7769D.jpeg
    18CBE45F-7DA5-4EC8-9907-AA9F83A7769D.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 123
Now that's old! That coin had been waiting a long time to be rescued, like 1500 years.
Some of those coins can be worth a lot of money if you can get it identified.
The value is more for the rarity than for its age. I asked the question, because sometimes polishing them excessively loses value. It is better to leave it with the original patina. The bronze under the ground, does not have that color.
On the other hand, very good find

Like WOW with and exclamation point!!!!

Did you find it like this, with that color or did you polish it?
I didn't find it like that. It looked matte. I polished it with metal polish to give as a gift to a friend. The color is very yellow due to the light, actually a little closer to red.

Now that's old! That coin had been waiting a long time to be rescued, like 1500 years.
Some of those coins can be worth a lot of money if you can get it identified.
You are absolutely right. I know there are those worth $1.5M. In my location, there are many finds from 700-800 BC and ancient civilizations.

The value is more for the rarity than for its age. I asked the question, because sometimes polishing them excessively loses value. It is better to leave it with the original patina. The bronze under the ground, does not have that color.
On the other hand, very good find
It is illegal to trade in ancient finds in my country. Still, there are those who do this job. I am an underwater gold ring hunter. I also find ancient coins like this from time to time. I clean it and give it to my friends. The value of this coin is about $80.

Attachments

• 3AA74FAE-E51E-44EB-8D75-417EC8644A50.png
    3AA74FAE-E51E-44EB-8D75-417EC8644A50.png
    649.5 KB · Views: 72
Never polish anything you recover
People want this stuff in original found condition
You are completely right. However, they will design this coin as a pendant in resin. Therefore, a cleaning process was applied.