Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bubbles on screen?

tcornel

My unit was repaired for water damage on 4/28 and they replaced the screen. It had the original protector on it so I used it for a couple weeks.

It was getting dirty so I peeled it off to apply a new protector. This is what I now have. It looks like there is another film on the screen
but I am unable to get it off.

Could these bubbles be below the screen?

Since the repair this machine has not been in the water or even hosed off.

hard to say without feeling it but it looks like poorly installed screen saver but if you cant grab it and pull it off, ya got me never seen this one before, did you have a screen saver on before it went in to get fixed?

AJ

I did. They said they replaced the screen and both boards. When I first got ir back it had the wavy line issue from the factory protective film.

I just looked at it again and the bubbles do not go away, even temporarily, when pressed on. It really looks like it is underneath the screen.

It is almost like the screen had a protective layer on each side and the bottom side one was not removed.

Can you send them the pic. and the question? Just a thought.

I sent it to them so hopefully they will respond tomorrow. I drove 3.5 hours each way in April to get this thing fixed and here it is again. I love the machine but am disappointed with the quality control.

Mystery solved....

The repair center in Orlando did not remove the protective screen from the internal LCD panel. They also failed to tighten the
screws holding the thing together.

A friend noticed today that the control unit was separating at the seam. Good thing I did not go back in the water with it!

Loosened some screws pulled the protective coating out with tweezers and tightened up the screws and problem solved.

That does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling.
But glad you finally got yours sorted out!

Interesting, so this protective coating was on the surface of the lcd but under whatever protective covering we look at it from the outside?

guess the screens come with a protector on both sides which sounds fair, at least you got it fixed and didn't have to deal with minelab to do it , that's a bonus I recon.

always a new one around here isn't there.

AJ

Looking at the back of the machine's control panel there is a rectangular "door" the would give access to the display board. I did not have to open this and the screws were tight.

What was literally coming loose was the grey back part of the machine with 10 5-point star screws. About 6 were tight and there were 2 that had loosened to the point where I could put a dime in the crack (sorry--no photos of that).

If those 10 screws are removed you will have partial access (maybe an inch) to the lcd panel. This panel had the protective sheet still on it. That is where I was able to get the tweezers in to remove the film sheet over the lcd panel.

To completely remove the grey panel would require loosening the usb port and I was not going to touch that.

The outside panel has only one coating on it that I could tell.

I realize the repair center has had turnover but they certainly did not review this work.

Incidentally the email to Minelab requesting an RMA has not been answered yet. Sent it on Sat.

Just an update. I received a prepaid FEDEX label to send the machine back for inspection and to make sure the screws are properly torqued and the control panel water tight. They did the right thing! Thank you Minelab & Kellyco.

LCD screens have a protective film on them that are to be removed when installed, the film is suppose to have a red diagonal line on it that makes it obvious to see and remind tech to remove it, your picture shows it is missing the re line, bubbles most likely were not visible at time of install so the film was over looked, it is their fault but an easy mistake to make when there is no red line.........

I am sure they will take care of you....................