Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Buckle?

TerryEastTexas

Found this morning. It measures 1. 2/3" x 2". To bad the loop was broken.
100_4587.JPG
100_4588.JPG
100_4589.JPG

It's made of brass.

I think I have seen these posted by others, but can’t remember what it is called or used on… I think some had a design on them.
Hopefully someone will ID it for you.
After a quick search, I believe it is a horse harness buckle…
IMG_9041.png

Last edited:
I think it is post period. 1870's. I guess it possible that it could be pre CW. Don't know for sure. Just a guess and hope for it to be.

think I have seen these posted by others, but can’t remember what it is called or used on… I think some had a design on them.
Hopefully someone will ID it for you.
Believe you might have a good relic, yours is possibly a civil war horse harness buckle. I found one last month, ruins of an old civil war veteran homestead. Suggest you research the site you dug this at. Link to item I matched my find with. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3951052457...2Bd4Wvjdyz2nJQ%3D%3D|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:4429486

Attachments

• December2023CivilWarHorseHarnessBuckle.jpeg
    December2023CivilWarHorseHarnessBuckle.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 36