Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

buffalo nickel whatzit

iskirkra

I found this piece of metal and almost chunked it but noticed some writing on it, looking at is closer it was the impression of the back side of a buffalo nickel. I did not find the buffalo nickel it is only in the pictures for reference. I know they put buffalo nickels in pendants and cuff links etc, but this little piece of metal is to heavy for that. Any ideas on what this was?

Thanks Randy

Looks like someone left a lead bullet or some low melting point metal and a nickel in their pant pocket when they burnt the pants. Coins end up in trash burns pretty often.

I think you guys are right about the melting idea. Thanks for the info.

Randy