Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bug Spray on my screen!

John,

Thanks for the very informative and detailed response. It sounds like the Back to Black would work great on the majority of the V3, but again, I'm specifically referring to the screen protector right now, nothing else. Did you get bug spray on that specific part of your machine and if so, did you use the Back to Black on it and what were the results? I'm glad this thread went in this direction...not only do I now know that I can get these screen protectors from White's, but I've learned of 2 products that I think are going to come in handy for many applications! Thanks guys!

I used Back to Black on the whole machine, including the screen protector and the painted electronics enclosure. My screen protector sustained only slight damage from the bug spray. It's completely transparent and the damage is invisible now. Here's what I would do if it were my unit (and what I did with mine)...

1) Wipe the plastic control head with a WD40 dampened cloth.
2) Allow the WD40 to completely dry.
3) Wipe the entire unit down with a clean dry cloth (again not paper towels - they scratch)
4) Clean the damaged area with rubbing alcohol.
4) Apply Back to Black to the entire unit
5) Allow to dry.
6) Buff with a dry cloth

John

duclaw said:
John,

Thanks for the very informative and detailed response. It sounds like the Back to Black would work great on the majority of the V3, but again, I'm specifically referring to the screen protector right now, nothing else. Did you get bug spray on that specific part of your machine and if so, did you use the Back to Black on it and what were the results? I'm glad this thread went in this direction...not only do I now know that I can get these screen protectors from White's, but I've learned of 2 products that I think are going to come in handy for many applications! Thanks guys!

I've been beating my brain to remember the name of Mother's Back to Black. (Used it a few years back and was amazed at how well it worked.) Just purchased a used vehicle that, needs the trim cleaned up, and good to know how well it works on detectors too.

Cut a peice to the size of youe screen and run a strip of clear scotch down all four sides.I put one on my DFX 5 years ago and it's still doing fine.KEEP IT SIMPLE !!! Bob:usan:

Where can you find the replacement screen protectors? I checked the Whites website and wasn't able to locate them. Please post a link, if possible.

I was also wondering if the protectors are polarized? My understanding is that it is difficult to see the V3 screen if you are wearing polarized glasses. If the protectors are polarized then we should be able to remove this protector and replace it with something else, maybe a screen protector for a PDA from an office supply store eliminating the problem

I don't know about the polarized glasses, but, the screen is very difficult to see in the bright sunlight.