Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cabin fever..

Desi Dunne

Origin of Cabin Fever
This expression has existed since around the year 1900. Originally, it referred to someone who was isolated in a remote area during the winter. It was necessary to stay indoors for many days at a time, and it could make a person feel very trapped.

"I've noticed an increase in Posts the last few days!
Are folks in 'self-isolation' and spending more time on their computer? That's good if we can chat some more about stuff!
Yesterday, I went to a very popular 'summer time beach' and it was like summer...cars and people everywhere and a few people in the water!!!
So, while bars, restaurants and other public gatherings, sports venues are shut down, we can still get out in the fresh air and air is FREE and it'll do one good to get out!
If you've been thinking of getting back to 'a site', or finding a new one then today's the day! Go on, get out and get away from the dreaded cabin fever!"

My wife and I for two weeks or so now have stayed away from people save for two quick trips to the grocery store. Our Kroger's here has started 7a to 9a seniors only shopping, which does help getting in and out quickly and a decent chance of getting supplies needed.

By the same token, we have not gone into total hibernation. She has her flowers and plants that get her outside and I still get in my 3-4 hours daily of detector swinging. We also get in at least one good walk daily and sometimes, two. I'd be ready for the sod covering if I had to be confined to the cabin all day. Stay safe everyone. HH jim tn

Cabin fever...global warming...corona virus....
Afraid we’re all doomed!😜🤪
Evolution, revolution, gun control, sounds of soul.
kids growing up to soon...............................................................lalalala

To help myself not get cabin fever, I have started woodcarving again. I have made wool spools with faces on them. I also did a carving of various heads of dogs ,and a bear. I have also carved a cartoon dog. Keeps me busy. I have just completed a political cartoon. One thing about a woodcarver they are always in the chips. Enjoy the time you get with your family. That is rare. We will get thru even this. We' re Americans.

Origin of Cabin Fever
This expression has existed since around the year 1900. Originally, it referred to someone who was isolated in a remote area during the winter. It was necessary to stay indoors for many days at a time, and it could make a person feel very trapped.

"I've noticed an increase in Posts the last few days!
Are folks in 'self-isolation' and spending more time on their computer? That's good if we can chat some more about stuff!
Yesterday, I went to a very popular 'summer time beach' and it was like summer...cars and people everywhere and a few people in the water!!!
So, while bars, restaurants and other public gatherings, sports venues are shut down, we can still get out in the fresh air and air is FREE and it'll do one good to get out!
If you've been thinking of getting back to 'a site', or finding a new one then today's the day! Go on, get out and get away from the dreaded cabin fever!"