Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cable Clam Question

Digger54

I am looking at wanting to install a cable clam in the bottom of a weather proof nylon ammo pouch to route my coil cable to my Minelab GT box. Looking at pictures of the cable clam kit I am trying to figure out if it was intended for a thicker surface install or would I be able to install it through a thin surface such as the pouch bottom?

Also for Minelab Sovereign owners, should I get a .68 or .8 for my coil connector to pass through. I unstand with a .68 I would have to drill it out but I would rather not do any drilling if I don't have too.

I put this one together for my sovereign using cable clams, but after a little research I found these bulkhead cable grips, ip67..3 dollars each from digikey, work just as well, smaller, and alot less...Also I seen Mr. GoldMaster uses them also on his WP explorer....here are some pic's of VB Max's setup (yellow print), notice he use's another piece of plastic as a backer for the CC's. I put mine on without, no problem yet but only used it a few times...I will have to look the sizes up for you on the CC's, I know I bought one of the bigger sizes and ran 2 cables thur it, and after looking around on the net, I've seen 3 cables used on the larger one. I ended up putting everything in a backpack, much easier to handle once you get the setting honed in..and you can pack a few other things...my lite weight setup....FrankenSov

Hi Oldbeechnut;

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I web surfed digikey but was unable to find an ip67 listed on their web site, not sure if i found the right one. You have a direct link to where I can order the clam I need?