Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cable. Extended 6 Pin Sovereign

lovee-1

Does anyone know where 6 pin extended cable can be purchased for the Sovereign...I have seen 4 pin that can be purchased from Minelab but nothing for the Sovereign..I sometimes hip mount my box and would like a bit longer cable from my meter to the box...Does anyone know someone that will make it up....Thanks...John

John i do not think the meter,s use 6 wires at the most 4 or 5 depending on which model your using even though the connector has 6 pins , i would PM Ron he,s the man about meter,s and wires . GL Jim

GL Jim...If you unplug the cable going into the back of the Sovereign you will count 6 male pins that plug into the 6 female in the cable end.All Sovereigns have a 6 pin plug.I have a Patriot Meter but any meter that plugs into a Sovereign GT will be a 6 pin......John

John,
There is only 5 wires that you hook up. You can buy the extension cord here (and where I bought mine)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400187863488?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The link below is how I hooked up my extension wires from the control box to the meter. Hope this helps - Jim

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?21,1589895,1589895#msg-1589895

lovee-1 said:
GL Jim...If you unplug the cable going into the back of the Sovereign you will count 6 male pins that plug into the 6 female in the cable end.All Sovereigns have a 6 pin plug.I have a Patriot Meter but any meter that plugs into a Sovereign GT will be a 6 pin......John
Yes John 6 pins but not all pins are connected to wires depends on the meter some have 4 wires some have 5 wires that is what i was saying . All Sov GT connectors have 6 pins . thats why the male connector,s has a jumper pin on center pin and 5 wires see photo i took . Jim

Jim-Earthlypotluck sent me an e Bay seller that sells the 6 pin Mic cable and it's also a coiled cable.!..It's complete with ends,,I will just check the ends on the new cable and match the wire colors and numbers to my old cable.This is great plus I would much rather have the coiled cable....Thanks for your help...John...

Jim the coiled cable is Perfect,,I am ordering 2 tomorrow.I will just match the new cable wires and colors to my old cable.I have a Patriot Meter and maybe Joe used the same Mic cable when he made these meters,,same wire color would be nice ....Thanks for your help,,this will work Great.!!.....John

Your Welcome - glad it will work for you (it did for me)
Did you see my other link? That link will show you what you will encounter when you take the end off.
(has pics)

Yes I saved the link.I will order tomorrow and when they come I am going to compare the wire in the new to the color and numbers to my old cable..I really like the idea of a coiled wire,,should work great....Thanks....John...

I believe these are the same cables I ordered and had to do some mods in order to make them work with my Sovereigns. If they are I believe there is like 2 or 3 wires in it that connects to 2 or 3 pins only that have a mess shield on them, so I had to use the Shields for one of the wires on both ends of the cable. I know they did not just hook up and work. I hope these are different than what mine were I bought on the big E auction for around $20 some dollars each.

Rick

John i had the same problem as Rick had i ordered the coiled extension wire on E from Australia and it would not work on my Sov GT unlike Rick i did not try to fix it yet ill have to ask what he did , i took a photo of mine without the connector on the end to demonstrate the wire configuration it has 5 wires black blue yellow red white and what looks like a bare copper wire that was around the white wire i unwound it off the white to show i took a photo today of the wire , but as Rick said it will not work on the Sovereign,s unless you do a MOD , someone told me they are used with the GPX series detectors . Hope this helps HH Jim

Looks to me that the wire gauge is too small maybe pushing up the resistance on the TX and RX too much? Just a guess, those wires look a bit small. I did try using a light gauge cable recently for a replacement and I could not get my coil to work until I used the correct gauge cable.

Just looked at the ebay ad. Sez the 2 pin is not wired. Sovs need the first 4 pins wired up.

Pin 1 -TX+
Pin 2 - TX-
Pin 3 - COMMON
pin 4 - RX+

Bob

Rick,
I believe you were the one that told me about them. The default setup on these wires are

pin # 1 = white
pin # 2 = blue & black
pin # 3 red
pin # 4 empty
pin # 5 yellow & ground
pin # 6 empty.

When I went to resolder I set them in the following order

PIN # 1 = WHITE
PIN # 2 = BLACK
PIN # 3 = RED
PIN # 4 = BLUE
PIN # 5 YELLOW AND CUT THE GROUND WIRE.

All that I know is if I can do this, anyone can lol. A vise (to hold the connector ) and two steady hands are certainly needed in the soldering process.

Rick(ND) said:
I believe these are the same cables I ordered and had to do some mods in order to make them work with my Sovereigns. If they are I believe there is like 2 or 3 wires in it that connects to 2 or 3 pins only that have a mess shield on them, so I had to use the Shields for one of the wires on both ends of the cable. I know they did not just hook up and work. I hope these are different than what mine were I bought on the big E auction for around $20 some dollars each.

Rick

John,
As long as each color is connected to the same pin on both ends you will do fine. Pin 6 sits empty. - Jim

lovee-1 said:
Yes I saved the link.I will order tomorrow and when they come I am going to compare the wire in the new to the color and numbers to my old cable..I really like the idea of a coiled wire,,should work great....Thanks....John...