Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cache"ing A Dream

mcb613 said:
My question is how all that iron didnt null or overload the machine, unless GPR.

The answer is obvious...If your hunting for a metal toolbox....you would be hunting FOR iron...or any target that could be in that range. There several detectors that are basically made for this and cavity situations. I own several.

As a matter of fact, you would welcome a signal that would overloaded your machine when hunting for a target like this.

Can you share the mfg and models? Is interesting. And are these machines bought just for cache hunting?
Wondering the cost ROI.
Thx

mcb613 said:
Can you share the mfg and models? Is interesting. And are these machines bought just for cache hunting?
Wondering the cost ROI.
Thx

You get what you pay for..... Nokta/Makro have several models. So does DRS. One that's really good and doesn't cost a lot is Whites tm-808.

Some, you don't want to know the cost of them but it just matters how serious a person is about finding treasure. Its all relative.

True, im actually looking into GPR for a side business and getting to use it for hobby too. No real treasure stories around here, maybe just have to stumble onto them.
I fo have a new spot with house built in 1816.
Good candidate, id assume.

Sanderling said:
Go for it James! While it may not be the Atocha, your recovery rivals any Viking hoard found in Europe in my opinion. Thanks for letting us in on your incredible discovery from the start - M&C

Thanks Mike! Not even close to Atocha or SS Columbia or Viking hoard but I will more than be ok with this find...no matter what the significance.

Lets go find some more!!!

Here's a pic I think you wanted.

mcb613 said:
So there are no pictures of the loot in crusty stage, before cleaning and repackaging the items as they are now?

Sorry but we didn't think to call the newspaper to take minute by minute photos for you....we were more concerned with what was IN the box, at the time.
*You have been told several times what's available and you still push. Please focus your desires elsewhere.*

Here another pic wanted by M&C. Approx. 3.5 in dia I haven't seen anything like it!....except for the other one which is bigger.

Anyone know anything about this coins? They are part of the cache

I have received several inquiries from members asking "how could I be so lucky to find this cache"?

Luck has something to do with it. Being in the right place and knowing the right people too!

After thinking about it, I would say this. Most of us have heard about the "3 p's". I think I would go one step further and it reminds me of this personal story.

I once was going to hunt with this metal detecting club and then I couldn't make it, because of another commitment I then went to the same area a day later. Keep in mind that some of these people are very good at detecting and as a matter of fact, some hunt every day. I wasn't sure how I was going to do, after the group hunted.
I hunted for 3 to 4 hours and I was able to find about 60 coins and 1 silver ring and a gold ring. It was a very good day! ...So, that brings up the question of how did I get all those coins and rings after hunting the same area... after the established group??? I wouldn't necessarily say that they missed the items but rather I knew what I was up against and wasn't going to come up empty... if I had anything to say about it. I would say that I was possibly more determined to find something than they were. I think that is the answer. If you think you're not going to find anything then probably you won't but if you're optimistic and work at it, then you can have some good luck. Out of the "3 p's", I would say that persistence is perhaps the most important! I am extremely persistent so that is one of the main reasons that I found this treasure.

As a matter of fact, I have returned to many areas that I have hunted with not much luck... only to find something better on following visits..
I try not to hunt when I'm tired either, as it's too easy to miss those all important signals and all it takes is one.
Figure out what type of machine you like and what technique works best for you and go with it. If I may say so, all too often.. listening to someone else is not the necessarily the "best" thing to do for your particular needs. (present company included), but I was asked. so there you have my humble opinion.

Advice is good, but experience is the key.

So, now you have my thoughts on how to help you find treasure... I really hope... it works for you!

*here's a pic that was wanted. Its about 85 percent of the total. The family is keeping the watches for sentimental reasons. Thanks Dave
and YES still looking for the other toolbox. Ideas are welcomed!

James, after you discovered the cache was there any rhyme or reason for the location that it was found in? Maybe if you figure that out it might be a clue as to where tool box #2 might be located. I saw that one of the members had asked if the cache was located in the direct line of sight from a window in the house. That was a good question. The cache was near a stump, but I am not sure if that may have been some sort of marker. There could be another area of more buried barb wire if he was trying to mask the box. Just a few thoughts. Continue to be persistent and good luck finding the other box.

If there is some rhyme or reason, I don't know what it is. I've done lots of thinking about it. I've even gone there at night with no lights trying to figure out where someone would bury something just by moonlight. Tried Night vision goggles too. I've even used a drone to see if I can spot something from the air that couldn't be seen from land. If there is a clue somewhere, I just haven't figured it out and realized it yet. I have been hyper inquisitive about any signal as I was the first time but no luck ...but who knows?

JamesBondaka, you have made some sensational finds in the past, including this one! I hope that your good fortune continues!!! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thanks Squirrel! A couple at least...I've been lucky!

Heres some finds of the day but no toolbox.2 Best of luck to you!

Sorry I cleaned them up a bit. I apologize to the member's that love the dirt.

Those are some neat finds too JamesBondaka! I always enjoy digging old automotive related items - especially radiator cap emblems. Your Triple A insignia and Ford Cap are good finds! The green insulator is a good find too.

Oh, and I wouldn't call your making these great finds "Lucky"! It's a combination of research, making contacts and following up on leads, persistence with a positive attitude and yes maybe a little luck doesn't hurt either! continued success to you and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Blind Squirrel said:
Those are some neat finds too JamesBondaka! I always enjoy digging old automotive related items - especially radiator cap emblems. Your Triple A insignia and Ford Cap are good finds! The green insulator is a good find too.

Oh, and I wouldn't call your making these great finds "Lucky"! It's a combination of research, making contacts and following up on leads, persistence with a positive attitude and yes maybe a little luck doesn't hurt either! continued success to you and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thank you again! You realize what one has to do to possibly make good things happen. No, this was not blind(squirrel) luck.....this did take some planning, work etc..... and still is. No toolbox....but I got a bottle.

To those that like clean stuff.....sorry this is dirty!

Howdy JamesBondaka--

I just read your story published in the December issue of WESTERN & EASTERN TREASURES. Again, congratulations on your great find and your excellent article! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Following up on Blind Squirrels post. Yes James it was a very good article with some great pics. Congrats again. We will see if we can find gold on the beaches when you come. It is around to be found.

Thanks Squirrel and Mike. We have almost figured out what everything is....and what its worth. A few items we still need to do some research on but basically a done deal. Don't mean to brag....but it was a lot of stuff to go thru.....I'm not complaining by any means. I guess I got paid back a bit for all those thousands of pennies I rescued from the earth. :happy:

Sometimes, I dream about it......and not sure if its reality or not....until I grab a silver dollar next to the bed.

Good luck to you both.....and looking forward to hunting with you at some point.

Hello James, I just saw this post and wanted to say congratulations! I have always dreamed of finding one and will continue my dream after seeing what you have accomplished.

Another method is using a long probe or metal rod for striking the metal box. It seems your first wasn't burried that deep but with other stuff throwing off your detector's signal - you might want to go back to that very area and try probing with a rod.

I wish you the best of luck and can't wait to see what you turn up.
Tony

Thank you Drake and Tony,

Its funny and we all laugh, when we talk about this.....they kept saying.....its not there....its not there :clapping:

That's a good idea about using the metal probe. I didn't think of that. I passed this info on to the home owner.....He is out there probing with a long metal probe he constructed. Its quite the piece of work.

Thanks for the tip and I will notify you of any luck using it.