Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Campground silver! :detecting:

Our annual club hunt takes place at an old campground dating back to the 1930's. When we first started using this site for our fall hunt, it was sparsely hunted and contained scores of silver coins everywhere from years past. Nowadays, it has tapered off to next to nothing for those of us who still try. This year, there was a wooded area, adjacent to one of the fields we use for the hunts, that had been cleared out with a brush hog. Whenever they cleared out a patch of woods in the past, there was almost always more silver, from the old camping days, to be found. Today was no exception. The pic below shows the goods. Most of them were only an inch or two deep in the ground. I can't remember the last time I had a double digit silver day. I only dug 7 clad coins with this haul, so the targets were mostly older. It was a beautiful day - weather and finds wise! :thumbup: Take care and HH, MIke.

Wow ,fresh dirt , I am so envious . Spots like that are so few these days . I did find a Deputy badge exactly like that one a couple of weeks
ago though , I suspected it was from the 50's . Congrats on a fantastic hunt and a very inspiring post .:thumbup:

n/t

Beautiful finds Mike! Thanks for the pictures.

NebTrac

Congratulations Mike, goes to show virgin hunting ground is still out there but increasing hard to find. The scary part of your post is that I remember getting a brand new Deputy Sherriff badge like that one from the police at a youth group meeting in the late 50's :tongue:

Great Hunt Mike!! Gotta love campgrounds and camping sites. They never cease to amaze!