Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can a New bee learn to use a V3?

kokopeli52

I am new to detecting, never owned or operated one. Would a V3 be OK for first detector? Or do we need training wheels. I have operated all kinds of machines, motorcycles, trucks big ones, tractors, guns all kinds and fishing boats. I am a woman but, I am a blond. So would this machine be OK for a blond rookie? Thanks

Many will say no, that it's too complicated, but personally I'd say go for it. If you just learn to ground balance it and stay with the stock programs, you can find all kinds of things without having to constantly make adjustments. The only thing that might need tweaking fairly often is the RX gain if you're getting too much interference. There's lots of room to grow into it, but you don't have to be a rocket scientist to get started with it. I'm a relative beginner myself, but I love my V3.

If your not in a rush and have some patience,you could get the general use from the V3
within a day or two hunting.

Watch the videos on Whites website of the V3 and get familiar with the preset coin and coin & jewelery programs.The more you use it,the more proficient you'll become.Its quite a bit of money to spend but you'll probably never out grow it (although a strong urge to own more than one detector has been known to happen).:biggrin:

Boy, I don't know. My first detector was my DFX which I used for 4 years and just upgraded to the V3. I'd say I was in the advanced user category with the DFX. I think the V3 would be much harder to learn and to get use to the signals/data than the DFX was. I'm glad that I had the DFX first. If you are the type of person that really likes to tinker with the adjustments (like I am) you might be able to work with it but besides learning the detector you will need to learn how mineralization, EMI, etc. affects the operation of your machine. The V3 presents more info, runs hotter, and produces less stable results until you get the hang of the settings. However, if you go with the V3 there is a lot of help at this forum and others. This will certainly speed the learning curve.

I don't know...send photo of boat and motor ;-)

Jerry

I need too know a coulp of things, Wear N wen wear you born N are you a true Blond?????? Just Kidding LOL
Yes get a V I Love Mine, Mic

You, obviously, have the smarts to handle anything that comes your way....so in my opinion GO FOR IT....then send your number. I need a detecting woman to hunt with. HMMMMMM. LOL

You really will find all the help you might need from the posts already here or the questions you post, which will always be answered.

Good luck,

Captain Ron

I think the V3 is one of the easiest to learn advanced detectors on the market. Most of the built-in programs are ready to go right out of the box.

Welcome to the forum kokopeli52. My apologies for the three sailors who have been out to sea too long.....................guys :nono:.............

:devil:

see my shiny coat? :rofl:

Us blondes should only use Garrett Ace 250s :biggrin: Just kidding there KoKo....

There is one other piece on info I'd need in helping a newbie like you select a proper detector:

What are your measurements? :rofl: :crazy:

Seriously, I'm still waiting for my V3 so I can't comment on its ease of use, but it sounds like you should be able to handle it...if you're trying to get down deep then either this one or a Minelab E-Trac would probably be a wise choice. :thumbup:

Hope this helps and let us know what you go with.

First of all Welcome to the forum kokopeli52. WOW blond hu, (all kinds of machines, motorcycles, trucks big ones, tractors, guns all kinds and fishing boats. WOW ok guys she

I got mine as a newbie, and I am doing good with it. Am I missing stuff? probably. Could I have found it with another, "simpler" to use machine, maybe, maybe not? My motto is to get the best that you can afford, and learn to use it. You WILL be able to find stuff straight out of the box with the V3!! I learn something new every time out with mine!! :thumbup:

If you plan on detecting in dirt/grass----Plan on being able to get down on the ground to DIG - recover target and cover the hole. That is for EACH target in the dirt ! ! ! =50 targets---50 times DOWN and UP ! ! !

If hunting in sand--not so much DOWN and UP. But walking in sand has it's own workout ;-)

It can be fun...BUT it will be WORK.

Location will be key to how often one hunts---Rain-Snow-Heat-Cold :) Road Trips

Good Luck

Jerry

bud212002 said:
I got mine as a newbie, and I am doing good with it. Am I missing stuff? probably. Could I have found it with another, "simpler" to use machine, maybe, maybe not? My motto is to get the best that you can afford, and learn to use it. You WILL be able to find stuff straight out of the box with the V3!! I learn something new every time out with mine!! :thumbup:

bud's advise is dead on. I'd start out with the Coin program to learn initially (Sweep technique,pinpointing,"CLEAN" retrieval methods etc..), then just learn basic menu navigation and RX gain adjustment. Sounds like you "are" into learning but, still keep it simple to searching places away from power lines,underground utilities,places with a lot of iron trash and tons of people as these things can be very distracting when doing the initial "learn". The V3 is easy to learn if...IF you take small steps, keep your expectations relative to your learning curve, and enjoy the relationship building with your new machine. HAVE FUN!!

Now...to the blonde thing.... Immersion into the manual and controls has to be done safely. "Immersion" (to some blondes) can only mean a drowning. Until you figure out where your at there....DO NOT USE THE SALT/BEACH PROGRAMS!!!!!:devil::nono:

Bet you'll do well!!!

I started with the DFX. So go for it. Never used another machine other then when the V cam out