Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

can anyone ID this Whites detector?

rlt9999

I came across an ad for a White's Mini Master Mineral & Metal Detector and I can't find any info on it using that search string. Can anyone ID it from this picture?

Thanks in advance,
Bob

I believe that's the Mini Master - you can download the owners manual from white's. Just look for Mini Master in the list of owners manual.

Thanks andreak77, I did find the manual there on Whites site. HH

ohio fred said:

Hi Fred, That's what it looks like doesn't it? :crazy:
I haven't decided whether to buy it or not, he was asking $100 when I came across it and now has come down to $50 but I'm thinking less than that. I was thinking that it might be something that my 6 year old grandson could swing.

Where in OH are you located Fred? I'm in southwestern PA.

Lets see more pics of the side decals and the controls, OK?

TC-NM said:
Lets see more pics of the side decals and the controls, OK?

That's the only picture that I have of it and it's the picture from the sellers ad. His ad states that the speaker doesn't work but you can hear the tones with headphones plugged in. I'm thinking about offering him $25 for it and still thinking that might be too much. :confused:

The older units are a lot heavier than the newer units - why not get a New 2.5lb Coinmaster for $180 with full two year warranty and then get a pee-wee rod so it will be short enough for him to use. We sell a ton of these for Christmas and Birthday presents for grandkids.

Plus it's probably be a lot easier to use and understand.

The speaker can be replaced for a couple of bucks and it is probably worth the $25 to $50 as a collectible but I would not buy it for it's functionality unless you are really into vintage hunting. Certainly not for a 6 year old....IMHO :shrug:

The strap let him shoulder-carry it, and the smaller-size coil was just right for the environment I started him hunting in. The TR operation worked well, for that time period, too. You photo looks lik a clean unit and if it works well, it can be fun to use in the right applications.

Monte

PS: Today, Monte Jr., now 41 years old, relies on the excellent M6 w/6