Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can I adjust setting's on the E-Trac with the coil removed?

Crispy Critter

[size=large]I've been wanting to hook it up to my computer to make adjustment's etc. but I'm not sure if I can do it with the coil removed? Too much metal, electronic's and stuff to leave the coil attached.

Thanks for any help.
Crispy Critter[/size]

I don't see why not. Before you do that, you might try leaving it attached and turning the sensitivity down to 1. That should quiet things down. That is what I usually do. Just REMEMBER to turn it back up to your normal hunting conditions. I don't want you getting mad at me when you've swung for 15 minutes and not getting a signal. :rant::lol:

NebTrac

Thanks Neb. Just didn't want to take the risk of causing either an explosion or a melt-down.

Just turn the sensetivity all the way down and it will be fine. No need to remove the coil.

I was doing some editing of a program in my house recently . I had the sens down but it kept picking up signals and causing me problems editing ,so I took off the coil, did my editing and put the coil back on. Worked great with the coil off !

Thanks Mike. That's what I wanted to hear. I can remember having problems making Disc. adjustments in the field because of the same reason's that you mentioned. In order to make any adjustment's, I had to lower the sensativity all the way.

I also do not have a lot of space on my computer table. With the coil and rod's off, I can set the machine right on the table. I need it close just to be able to see it....lol!

Thank you all for your replie's.

Slay in IA said:
If you have an X-1 probe. Just switch it to probe then you can remove the coil.
Good suggestion Slay but unfortunatly, I don't have the X-1. I'm a pro-pointer guy, for now.

HH-crispy critter