Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can settings be changed without a PC?

Old California

Maybe it's been asked but can a CTX user make changes from the unit itself rather than from a PC?

Features such as sensitivity, audio, back light, GPS, wireless and discrimination, I'm old school would rather make these changes out in the field from the unit itself.

Appreciate hearing from those that know, about to spring for one but if a PC is the only means of changing the settings may have to pass up the CTX.

Thanks,
Paul (Ca)

I doubt they would limit changing any detector controls to a PC only, as everybody knows these kinds of things must be fine tuned in the field. The PC is probably used for GPS data transfers, loading pre-made discrimination patterns, and so on. I'm sure you'll still be able to edit your own discrimination patterns on the detector yourself without even needing to load those off a PC. Somebody would really have a blind spot if they made things like this only accessible on a PC.

Hey Paul,
Check out the getting started with the CTX video toward the top of the page. Toward the end of the video he tells about the different buttons.

You should be able to control everything on the the actual CTX though, may just be easier to do other tasks on the pc like creating patterns and managing programs.

Yes, but in the future you will have the cloud as your follower wherever you are and whatever you need it will give you and guide you. Even detector settings.

And probably also know all about you... but the cloud will be the next stockmarket winner.

Thanks Steven,

That is good would rather make adjustments from the unit itself, I'm hoping the CTX with the smaller coil will not be effected or at least less effected from the masking from our fresh water black sand from our area.

Plus, should be a good deep turf and relic detector too.

Thanks again and see you soon amigo,
Paul (Ca)

Thanks Critter,

Looks to be a good unit, just may get one.

Also, Looking forward to seeing you test one out, I feel you're going to see the advantages of having a CTX.

Thanks again,
Paul

Some of the main advantage they have been talking about it better performance in mineralization. So hopefully it will be better able to handle the black sand.

I like the weather proof aspect of it a lot though. No more rained out detecting days

Yes, all changes to programming can be made from the detector. HH Randy

Thank you Randy,

I was concerned the CTX would not allow the main adjustments from the unit itself, big relief now knowing it does and we appreciate your contribution to the forum.

Thanks again,
Paul (Ca)