Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can someone direct me to the coil frequency of my etrac coils?

jd88047

To better understand my coils I would like to know if the frequency is set. I see a lot of coils set at different freq for other detectors. Is this the same for Etrac coils? I have four coils I would like to know the freq of. The coiltec 6 inch, the fbs800 8 inch, the stock 11 inch coil, and the sef 8x6 coils. Thanks in advance.

The frequency your machine will run at is determined by the noise cancel channel it selects when you do a noise cancel. It will remain in that set of frequencies until you noise cancel again and it picks another channel or you do so manually. The different coils may give the machine different readings that make it select different channels but the coils themselves have no set frequency that I have ever heard of.

Sorry that's not right Mcdetect it's got 3 channels that it uses and a ground one to see what sensitivity it can run at smoothly, a low, a medium, and a high one that it averages them to find sensitivity to run smoothly at in plain Auto. You can bump that up by 3 points higher and down by up to 3 points lower.

It has a multitude of frequencies starting at 1.5khz going to I think it was 100khz and it has groups of them 11 sets if memory serves me right and that is the number of Noise cancel channels it has and selects what group of channels to run at like sprching said. Here my machine usually selects 6 or9 or 11 to run at when I do a noise cancel before a hunt each time.

Thats what I needed to know. Thanks. My etrac usually selects one of those three channels also.

jd88047 said:
To better understand my coils I would like to know if the frequency is set. I see a lot of coils set at different freq for other detectors. Is this the same for Etrac coils? I have four coils I would like to know the freq of. The coiltec 6 inch, the fbs800 8 inch, the stock 11 inch coil, and the sef 8x6 coils. Thanks in advance.

********************************************************************​

"Hello there JD"

You don't need to be concerned about a specific coil frequency of any genuine coil made for the MINELAB E-trac.

(They will indeed have an 'optimum' frequency, but of relatively low 'Q')

[size=x-large]WHY?[/size]

The FBS system is BROADBAND...(1.5 KHz up to !00 KHz in theory (28 Odd Harmonics of 1,500 Hz)

and any Etrac coil is 'designed' to accommodate ALL of those harmonic frequencies. ....matt

The E-trac uses PULSE TRANSMISSIONS and TIME DOMAIN receiver methodology.

metalpopper said:
jd88047 said:

"Hello there JD"

You don't need to be concerned about a specific coil frequency of any genuine coil made for the MINELAB E-trac.

The FBS system is BROADBAND...(1.5 KHz up to !00 KHz in theory (28 Odd Harmonics of 1,500 Hz)

and any Etrac coil is 'designed' to accommodate ALL of those harmonic frequencies. ....matt

Im used to tailoring my specific coil to my hunt. I have two other single freq detectors that run at different frequencies. Guess I have some more reading to do. Being new it doesnt matter at this point. But I will be tweaking the etrac for each hunt. I really am having fun with TTF. Love open screen. I have some very challenging sites here. So far I havent had to pull out my F75.

jd88047 said:
metalpopper said:
jd88047 said:

"Hello there JD"

I'm used to tailoring my specific coil to my hunt. I have two other single freq detectors that run at different frequencies. Guess I have some more reading to do. Being new it doesn't matter at this point. But I will be tweaking the etrac for each hunt. I really am having fun with TTF. Love open screen. I have some very challenging sites here. So far I havent had to pull out my F75.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%​

Hello again JD....thanks for your thoughts on the subject.

You are right about single frequency detectors.....for they can 'out-perform' multi-harmonics in the right situation..(Whatever that may be)

'Whatever that may be' means that you know WHAT SPECIFIC CLASS OF TARGET you're hoping to find.

Which is different from searching for whatever lady-luck may cross your path with; and in which case Multi frequencies come into their own.

WHY ?

Well, every unique target has an 'optimum response' to a particularly 'group-of- frequencies'. If your detector accommodates that group, then you stand the best chance of finding that related target.....
you may find it even if your unit doesn't 'match'....
.but you may not find it as deeply as a matching frequency detector does.......

If your desired target is in heavily ferro mineralised soil...and at depth....then the other k factor comes into play regarding 'best frequency'.

What's the k factor?

Well... complicated,,,but simply stated...."You must 'get-through' the grit first....to reach your target.....mmmmm?

So which frequency should you use?.......The LOWEST frequency that relates to the 'group-of frequencies'.

Let's imagine you're hunting silver dollars....>90% silver............let its Optimum group of frequencies, = 1000 Hz to 4000 Hz

In 'good' lo Fe soil.....use 4,000 Hz......in more difficult Fe soil... use 1,000 Hz..........

That's a hypothetical but descriptive way of trying to explain the concept of frequencies and target relationships.

So the soil 'ATTENUATES' the searching-flux's power; IN AN EXPONENTIALLY DECREASING manner, related to the FREQUENCY, as it penetrates and 'reacts' to the soil's resistive and 'inductive-components', on its way to the target.

THIS IS WHY MULTI-HARMONIC-PULSE transmission methods are best for general searching for a broad range of targets AND GROUND CONDITIONS......Your Etrac...Your CTX 3030....Your WHITES V3 in 'Best-Data' mode.....But if you know the frequency relationship of any particular targets you prefer to find..then your WHITE's V3i...Also gives you 3 individual frequencies modes....and better DEPTH.

Hope that brief overview helps to provide some insight to the why- and wherefore of detectors and choice of frequencies.....matt

Something interesting to try......manually select channel 2. Works awesome for me.

don't forget to power up the flux capacitor :lmfao: sorry just couldn't let that one slide by without a giggle :buds:

good info as well...

AJ

I have been trying manual noise cancel last hunt. No silver yet but it was sites I pounded to death. I am setting it on 1 or 2.

Not yet, but may pick up a large coil for the etrac. The 6 inch is doing fine. I do switch from manual to auto sens. I run sens at 10 which is low but gives good results. I will be looking for the manual channel select.

Using Thunder coil. Only put on Tornado rarely these days.

Check out my other post on my situation.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?63,2363950

Thanks for the feedback on the thunder coil. I do like to have a large coil for certain hunts.