Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can someone post specifics about E-Trac set-up for Explorer-like sounds?....thanks ;)

. . . and I put some of that in the book. Hopefully Bob will see this and post his settings . . . . . or you could PM him and ask him to post what he found made the E-Trac sound like the Explorer.

Andy

I don't believe I ever saw NH Bob's post about it but I will do a search. I also remember seeing a post somewhere from another gentleman who posted about it. Plus I figured there may be some new "discoveries" out there too...HH

If you were hunting in Conduct sounds (w/ Explorer) then set the E-trac to the same and use a Theshold pitch of 19. I also used/use multi tone. Hope this helped.

There's is some info on the page that talks about him tweaking it and then getting it to mimic his Explorer. I'm sure if you PM him, he could get you the adjustments he made.

The Threshold Pitch adjustment is a matter of personal preference . . . . . many use "19" while the guys (and gals I'm sure) in the UK swear that a value of "1" makes all the difference . I've tried various settings and have gravitated to "19" in my hunting . . . . but it may be driven by the type of targets you are hitting.

I'll pull my notes when I get home to SC and post a follow-up on this . . .

Andy Sabisch

Again, it is a matter of personal preference in my view . . . . I know some that run with it much higher and find as much or more than I do.

Guess you still need to get your coil over the target no?

I use the following settings and it comes close to providing me Explorer-like sounds. Not perfect but then again, neither am I.

Audio No. of Tones: Multi
Audio Tone ID Sounds: Conduct
Audio Tone ID Variability: 25
Audio Tone ID Limits: 30

Audio Threshold Level: 30
Audio Volume Limit: 30
Audio Threshold Pitch: 15

Hi Chris,
All I did to the variability was set it so when sweeping over a silver quarter, it would give you the (exact or close) same sound. This way most all the other varied tones fall close behind. Somewhat simmilar to tone hunting with the Explorer. A higher or lower tone for someone used to the Explorer, would simulate a Dime or cut nail.
When hunting this way, I only ran the screen open to 20. If I was in an area where I wanted to run wide open, I ran in Ferrous sounds and 2 or 3 tones Depending on what I wanted to hear.
Hope this answers your question.

Also may want to test several coins with 2 or 3 different brands/models of ear phones because tonal quality and pitch can vary quite a bit,Ray.