Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can You Believe This - Fraudulent eBay Item

MickTwin

WARNING.. The following eBay item is fraudulent!18K Indian Head Ring

I can't believe the nerve of this creep! The item pictured is a find I made back in April ~ see here: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?63,1696062,1696062#msg-1696062 The picture is mine too.

I've reported it to eBay.. We'll see if they pull it. Anyway, I still have the ring ~ It's one of a kind ~ it fits ~ and it was a find of a lifetime ~ and it's NOT FOR SALE

Comments? Suggestions? Thanks!

Rob (MickTwin)

That is a beautiful ring :surprised: all you have to do is take a look at his feedback 80% positive:rofl: you can tell he is a pirate, I'm glad you caught this eBay should remove it right away... Good luck.

That's just strange and wrong.

At least you'll be able to see what someone would('ve) paid for it.

NebTrac

Yep, the joys of ebay. You've got to know what your doing or your bound to get ripped off on there. I had a stolen metal detector show up on ebay last year. Reported it to them and my local PD, nothing happened. The detector was sold and shipped to its now owner. Funny part of it all is, the only party that helped me in that situation was Minelab, unbelievable!

What that guy did with your find is just shamless. Sucks for people who work hard for their money. I hope they delete his account. He'll probably open up shop again the same day with a new name and keep going but at least he won't be able to use his selling history to help along his sales.

Nice find by the way and please let us know if ebay does anything about it. In my case, they didn't so it would be interesting to see what happens. -Marc

It is certainly OUTRAGEOUS

I do believe it looks like your photo but I did not see the diamonds and rubies and he does not mention it in description.

Any idea?

I would never sell the Ring you found, it is Gorgeous

If that's your ring?? Think about it... How did he get your pictures? Is he a member here?? I also see that he has change his name in the past

froggy-collectibles Dec-07-00 Present
dudester Jul-01-98 Dec-07-00

Just a thought

I posted that picture on one of the ebay discussion forums when I was trying to get information about this ring. There are many knowledgeable people there willing to give advice ~ similar to this forum. That's my guess where it was found. I also posted it on Facebook and could find it by doing a Google image search.

spark456 said:
If that's your ring?? Think about it... How did he get your pictures? Is he a member here??

You don't have to be a member to read posts and view pictures here. You have to be a member to post or communicate with other members. Any picture posted here, can be "saved as" just by doing a "right click" on it with the mouse. Anyone that wants, will then have a copy of the picture, and can then use it for whatever purpose they want, good or bad. Just something to remember, whenever posting pictures on any site that everyone has access to.

C&RHunter said:
You don't have to be a member to read posts and view pictures here. You have to be a member to post or communicate with other members. Any picture posted here, can be "saved as" just by doing a "right click" on it with the mouse. Anyone that wants, will then have a copy of the picture, and can then use it for whatever purpose they want, good or bad. Just something to remember, whenever posting pictures on any site that everyone has access to.

C&RHunter is exactly right.

By the way I have a nice little single shot pistol for sale. I'll take any bid someone can throw my way. Here is a picture.

[attachment 247403 SingleShotPistol.JPG]

Just joshing and proving your point C&RHunter. Good post.

NebTrac

Ha! Your sense of humor cracks me up, NebTrac:lol:! Well, it looks like the seller either was forced to take it down, or did it on his own; it now says, "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available."

No longer available because HE NEVER HAD IT to begin with!

Oh, RCDetector, I discovered this when I did an eBay search for "Gold Indian Ring". Every now and then I've been doing similar searches trying to find a ring that looks like mine. So far, nothing... it might be unique.

Thanks for the suggestions & comments guys!

MickTwin

I think I saw him on the forums here also!

His name was MickTwin2 !!!

just kidding :)