Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can you guys leave the moderator alone about price? In fact when they are ready they'll give you mountains of information..

Guvner

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure he's disappeared for the weekend. Several of you seem to make a post and then another post answering your own post. Comical really. Get a clue and go out detecting. All the hoopla and accusations about the pricing is just that. Do you think for one moment that as good as they hid this and as well planned out the introduction was that they don't already know the price? It's just to keep you guys talking and that would be fine if some of you would act in a civil manner. The moderator was a tester and he also has written a very well received book on the XTERRA. He's a professional and you need to appreciate him for what he does. He is not the head of marketing for Minelab. He's a detecting guru. If you guys want him to help you on the CTX I would hope you start to show him some courtesy.

Guvner..

Well put Guvner:clapping:

n/t

n/t

I agree I am not to happy with the way Minelab has handled this release but digger can't do amy thing about it. Minelab can they have email and have gotten one from me already.
Until we know more there is not much to do or say. Time will tell how this turns out. I was excited about the release of it to start with now not so much.

Jason

You mean it hasn't played out like a new Iphone release? I thought a day after the ball was supposed to drop the thronging hoardes of drooling buyers would all be in the know!

-Ed

Totally agree with Jason. Randy is a great credit to the hobby, but Minelab's playin' us a little on this one.

I don't understand a lot of the animosity that's been generated from this. I've been lurking on here and minelab owners for sometime and registered after this product was announced but wow am I surprised by some of this. It's as if people have never seen this type of product launch before. Growing up at the start of the video game boom (showing my age here) I've seen it many times with each new system from Microsoft, Sony, Sega and Nintendo (others as well) When Microsoft launched the 360 console they didn't give full specs nor price but Gamestop took preorders some 6 months in advanced for $50 down. Same thing happens all the time with new model cars. You get commercials or basic press release and then you can order a year in advance. Often times when companies launch new products they have teaser adds in magazines months before it actually comes out. Moral of this story is this type and product launch happens all of the time in various industries (more than I can name). Perhaps it's new to this industry but not uncommon at all. I'm probably in the minority here but I don't feel Minelab should be vilified for this. They'll get all the info out when they're ready.

n/t

Sorry I have to put my two bobs worth in here. I can't believe the immaturity of a lot of people it reminds me of when I was raising my children and they couldn't get their own way they would have a big tantrum and act ridiculous. Seriously it is Minelabs right and privilege to release what information how and when they see fit. Please stop ranting about nothing and making yourselves look ridiculous.

It apprears most of us are adults and some well, they have nothing better to do then throw rocks. Half the naysayers will never embrace new tech as for the other half, they swing something else and just want to beat up on ML! Sad really, again thank to the mods and testers for helping not only grow our hobby but I am sure you have helped to forge; yet another amazing machine form ML. ML may not be for everybody but for those who are serious and truthful it is hard to knock the finds made with ML detectors. The proof is in the pudding and will be with the CTX I for one plan to help prove the naysayers wrong. :detecting:

Marksman7 said:
Sorry I have to put my two bobs worth in here. I can't believe the immaturity of a lot of people it reminds me of when I was raising my children and they couldn't get their own way they would have a big tantrum and act ridiculous. Seriously it is Minelabs right and privilege to release what information how and when they see fit. Please stop ranting about nothing and making yourselves look ridiculous.

Unfortunately a lot of this is spawned by our own advancement in technology. We now live in a world of instant information from the Internet, smart phones, Ipads, skype, instant messaging, texting, twitter, facebook etc. etc.. Thus we've become more or less spoiled by this ideology and when things aren't instant people become well "upset". No real solution to it other than people need to get a grip.

I think a lot of folks want to get the CTX, but have no idea as to how they are going to afford it. Knowing the price or close to the price would help them figure that out. Heard through the grapevine that the first shipment from Minelab to the dealers was going to be somewhat limited, therefore the desire to know the selling price and be on the pre-order list.

E-TREC-Virginia said:
I think a lot of folks want to get the CTX, but have no idea as to how they are going to afford it. Knowing the price or close to the price would help them figure that out. Heard through the grapevine that the first shipment from Minelab to the dealers was going to be somewhat limited, therefore the desire to know the selling price and be on the pre-order list.

I completely understand what you're saying but its rather easy to deal with. You get on a waiting list and pull out if its to much. Its safe to say its going to be at least $500 more than an E-Trac and probably more than that. So I would plan on $2000-$2500 based on all things known. So if you can't swing $2000 then you shouldn't be concerned with it IMHO. I don't think this detector is marketed at everyone.

Hello Jason, Minelab doesn't give any retail pricing information because we don't sell at a retail level. You would need to contact a Minelab dealer to get any pricing information and that's for all our products not just the CTX. If I can help with anything else please let me know.

Thank you,

Brian

Brian Erne
Customer Care Coordinator
Minelab Americas