Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can you purchase a new Racer 2 foam grip from Makro dealers? Thanks

I would email dilek about that.
I haven't seen them from dealers, but she may be able to help.
If you find out how to get new ones I you can protect them a bit. To protect mine I wrapped it with red coban wrap. The medical kind that only sticks to itself. Looks cool and also takes the wear. All my detectors now have it
Originally got it for a couple of my old tesoros that have worn down foam but now added it to them all.

Probably similar to coban wrap, I use the stuff known as Vet Tape. It comes in various colors and is pretty awesome. I have the foam handle of my R2 wrapped in several layers of camo for a better grip and the shaft is wrapped in black.

Indotguy said:
Probably similar to coban wrap, I use the stuff known as Vet Tape. It comes in various colors and is pretty awesome. I have the foam handle of my R2 wrapped in several layers of camo for a better grip and the shaft is wrapped in black.
Yep. Mine is sold by a vet supplier. Called sensi-wrap. As a bonus comes in packs of 10, each sealed and sterile. In case I actually need to use it for actual medical reasons.
Down side is I don't get to pick the colors but it's only $12 for 10 3"x5 yard rolls. Gave the pink to my girlfriend haha. But I was able to color match my detectors a bit. Racer 2 gets red, if I do my relic it's light blue, purple for vaquero, green for cibola.
But I'd like to get the camo kind. That would be alot better. Couldn't beat the price though.

Try bicycle foam handle bar tape. It really increases the grip diameter which IMO is needed. Numerous youtube videos showing how to install it.

I am looking over my Racer 2 and wondering how I would go about replacing the factory grip IF I had one to replace it with. Doesn't look like a cake walk.

Rich -

Holds great !