Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can you tell?

lala09

I found something now that I have the 950 coil the DD was not working for me. But hears what I found today when using the Analysis screen in scan instead of sizing has really been incredible. Can you tell what side of the screen my wedding band is on and what side is the pull tab is on both are flat in the ground 2" deep

Wedding band is on the left. Thanks to Sarah for pointing out there is a wider gap between the top two frequency readings for gold. I wished that trick worked with can slaw, but it doesn't. I spent last week gridding off and hunting an athletic field that has been used for at least 75 years. I dug every solid signal that came in at 18 VDI # or lower, and everyone of them was small can slaw or sluminum. Not one gold ring. I have found two wedding bands in this field the past three years by accident (not focusing in on gold, but digging coins), so I figured there had to be at least one there dhiding with a can slaw reading that everyone else (including me) had passed up. Oh, well. It was good practice.

keep on diggin'

jimmyk in MIssouri

Well I am very confused !!! I have never seen a square wave like that before, I have seen an inverted camel hump as they call it, but nothing like that but then I have only hunted with the stock coil. Plus one thing I have learned is given the same Vdi gold and aluminum will match so rather than guess on the gold I would say the target on the left has a lower vdi and the target on the right has a higher vdi so it could be a pull tab on both sides.

HH Pat

No I am wrong with what I just posted the colors threw me off as I mostly hunt in Hi-Pro. Normally 22.5 leads in the low vdi with 7.5 catching up as the vdi increases but you have 7.5 leading in both cases. I have no clue ???. Is it brass in both cases :razz:

HH Pat

lala09 said:
I found something now that I have the 950 coil the DD was not working for me. But hears what I found today when using the Analysis screen in scan instead of sizing has really been incredible. Can you tell what side of the screen my wedding band is on and what side is the pull tab is on both are flat in the ground 2" deep

Pat you need to make a change in your settings to see the screen like that.

Pat in On said:
Well I am very confused !!! I have never seen a square wave like that before, I have seen an inverted camel hump as they call it, but nothing like that but then I have only hunted with the stock coil. Plus one thing I have learned is given the same Vdi gold and aluminum will match so rather than guess on the gold I would say the target on the left has a lower vdi and the target on the right has a higher vdi so it could be a pull tab on both sides.

HH Pat
The analysis screen in scan mode not sizing you won't see humps

Well if yr finding gold @7.5 then I been looking for it the wrong way. For I thought it came in at 22.5 and that would be the blue line on top and it is in C&J.Unless I missed something here. Yazoo

Didn't say I was using it for searching its just a tool for the analyzing side of things.The same thing seems to be working on beer cap that come at .25 or 83 vdi still needs more testing on that. The left side was the pull tab the right was the ring.

yazoo said:
Well if yr finding gold @7.5 then I been looking for it the wrong way. For I thought it came in at 22.5 and that would be the blue line on top and it is in C&J.Unless I missed something here. Yazoo

Yes, that is strange.Im not sure how to read the screen in scan,but I would also still think the 22.5 frequency would be dominant on these items.

Well when I swing mine over gold in analyze(trigger pushed forwards), the top line is blue @22.5.Yazoo

When you started, did you start with the loop on the ground where there was no target and then move over to your targets?

jimmyk said:
Well, that shoots Sarah's theory out of the water. What was the VDI # reading?

jimmyk in Missouri
Ring was 32 & pull tab 37

ak_1234 said:
When you started, did you start with the loop on the ground where there was no target and then move over to your targets?
I done it from the side of the targets and from waist high to the target both gave the same reading. The only time the spacing between the lines changed was when I put the targets on there sides this is where I found that this would not work as good as they did when the target where flat in the ground. Like I said this is just a tool for the analyzing side of things and I'm not saying it is perfect it still needs a lot of work to see if there's a way to eliminate some pull tabs.

Thanks for this lala. I didn't know what you were doing or how you did it at first but I got out in the yard and figured it out. I can't wait to get out and use this analize screen in the field. Unfortunately it may be next week before I get the chance to do it... And I haven't been able to get out in over a week. I am really wanting to go hunting somewhere.

Thanks again for this post!!!

Julien

Yes thanks for the info very interesting, just wondering if somehow the colors are wrong ? as it would look right to me if red was 22.5.

HH Pat

It depends what color scheme you are using. In C/J 22.5 is blue in Hi Pro 2.5 is blue. I think it's a good idea to run all the programs with the same color. Pick the one you prefer. Right now all mine run the same as the C/J (Sunshine), green on the bottom and blue at the top. I'd also have the analysis screen the same rate and sweep speed in all programs. If you like the 2 and 4 or 3 and 5 the screen should be the same in all programs. JMHO Rob