Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can you update the X-Terra Pro

Probably if there were updates from Minelab. Haven’t heard of any though.

No, there is no usb port on the X-Terra Pro. It works so damn well and packed with so many features, I don't see any reason for updates.
I believe it’ll update through the charging port just like the Equinox does. If you do a YouTube search there are videos on how it’s done.

I believe it’ll update through the charging port just like the Equinox does. If you do a YouTube search there are videos on how it’s done.
You know as I was typing my response I wondered if the charging port could be multi- purpose, but I saw nothing in the instruction manual other than "charging port" I didn't know the Equinox used that port. Thanks for the info!

I really can't see any use to update the Pro, I'm still on a learning curve letting my brain compare it to the old X-Terra series! I will be taking both to the field next time to compare and see if the 70/705 will sniff out the deep targets.

No, there is no usb port on the X-Terra Pro. It works so damn well and packed with so many features, I don't see any reason for updates.
I just got mine today. Any tips you can give me? I live in Louisiana so we have mild soil. I'm not a noob I've used older Garrett machines, 4 or 5 Tesoro's, Simplex Plus and older Fisher machines such as CZ-5 and CZ-6.

I just got mine today. Any tips you can give me? I live in Louisiana so we have mild soil. I'm not a noob I've used older Garrett machines, 4 or 5 Tesoro's, Simplex Plus and older Fisher machines such as CZ-5 and CZ-6.
Unlike previous versions of Xterras, don't get carried away trying to push the Sensitivity. You gain little, and the machine just gets chattier and less stable.
Also, audio rules. The TID is jumpy to say the least, so don't live by the numbers.

Lastly.....
Enjoy! It's a great little machine for the $.

I was interested in this machine as a cheap back up for my local beaches until I saw a video of some geezer failing to hit a small gold ring 2 inches under mild soil...........what was he doing wrong??
Looks like a great machine considering how light it is,the fact that it's waterproof and does really well at the beach in the wet sand.......ideal if I just want an hour ot two and dont want to swing my old faithful GT which still competes with anything on the beach........didn't really want to spend out on a nox so thought this would be a good choice........anyone found gold in the wet sand with one??

Have a great new year everyone.

Last edited: