Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cancelling interference from Cell/Mobile phones?

Hi all...

I have been out on the beach with my ExpII/WOT coil a few times over the month and have noticed a strange phenom...

I usually start before the crack of dawn when the only ones on the beach are me and the gulls. I start down at the lane and continue paralleling up the tide line. At this point, my machine is stable as with little falsing. As the morning rolls on, more and more 'walkers' appear on the beach. The lane has more and more foot traffic and my machine falses much more even after noise cancelling on each pass. However, I move further up the tide line ie away from the walkers, the machine calms down and I can return to normal detecting.

This has been pretty consistent over the past few weeks and had me scratching the cranium to figure out the cause. I surmised that it could either be the tide rising causing the saltwater beneath the sand to produce the wave phenom or that the interference is man made. I know that the life savers use handheld radios but they weren't out at the time. Then it dawned on me, everyone d@@n near has a cell/mobile phone nowadays and this could be causing the erratic-ness of my machine.

I know that the ExpII/WOT coil combo is a very sensitive piece of technology so outside of dropping the sensitivity (it worked somewhat). Shouldn't the noise cancelling feature be cancelling this out or is the cell phone spectrum too broad to cancel out? Otherwise, it looks like I will have to start earlier and earlier... :/

cheers...Keith

Next few times it happens ask the people passing by if they have cell phones, tell them why of course. Then you will know.

J