Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Candy's 'Vacuum Cleaner' sucks.......TheMarshall

TheMarshall

Had a couple of hours detecting today in a very boggy field.

The soil stuck to my wellies, spade and gloves....you know what I mean...

The E-Trac complained as I waded through the pools of water and thick winter grass.

Iron.... spiky, wet and rusted, made its presence audibly felt as I upped the sensitivity to counter the 'stand-off' conditions.

It just had to be dug and removed, for the positive tones were as prevalent as the ferrous ones.

On this field you simply could not afford to make a wrong guess.....Better sure than sorry was the order of the day.

But one particular sound was different.....crappy positive...BUT PERSISTENTLY SO.....Depth gauge was maximum, at 12 inches.

Just the most gentle of pin-pointing tone........

Removed several spades of sloppy, sticky soil.....and there in a glutinous clump was my best find.

I think it's an Edward IV groat. He reigned about mid-late 1400's.

This groat is about 4 grams in weight, a millimetre thick and two and a half cms in diameter.

That chilly wet day suddenly felt a lot more bearable.

Please share my enjoyment......TheMarshall

[attachment 117993 Find.jpg]

Congrats on a great find!----That must have been a real thrill bringing that "to light".------Del

Nice Find! Made the day for sure. I will be purchasing an E-Trax by the end of this week. I am an old Explorer II guy, so I have a new learning curve to overcome. I have already downloaded the owners manual and have been studying it and reading up on this form.:crazy:

HH

Eddie in Mississippi USA

Hello Eddie:surprised::goodnight::biteme::blowup:

My grandchildren are helping me write this reply......They are fascinated by the smileys !!! So please excuse the additions.

School holiday time here in the UK.

Back to detecting. You will enjoy your new E-Trac, for I think it is the best in the Minelab series.

What kind of hunting do you mainly do? Park or Relic?

For our type of relic hunting we use a very simple discrim. set up.

Either open "All metal screen" or just a touch of iron masking. Fe 35 to 27 covers 99% 0f the ferrous objects.

I always use Ferrous audio, and two or 4 tones.

The rest is up to you, and the site you are searching.

Oh...the children want to send you a few more smileys....so here they come.

:clapping::detecting::ninja:

Look forward to your opinions on your new unit............TheMarshall.

goodbye from charlotte and jonathan (the children) :lol: