Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can't find anything with my CTX 3030 because....

Folsom Don

Minelab repair has it. They have had it in their shop for over 1 week and no one has even looked at it yet (it falses all the time). It's probably the coil, but I'm not sure. Is it normal for repairs to take this long? I was quoted 10 days to two weeks from sending it until receiving it back - I might have got that wrong. It's now into the 3rd week. Any suggestions besides crying? :cry:

My 3030 went back for other issue's and they told me 14 days without shipping time or weekends and they were very close it was 16 days and I am waiting for delivery any day now. My left on the 26th and they got in on the 28th and it was done on the 17th. In the mean time I used one of the other 4 Minelabs I have. Not a big issue on my end, when it gets back I'll put it back in the rotation.
BCNJ

I sent mine in early on due to an audio problem. I had it back amazingly fast.. Week and a half.

When I stopped by Minelab in Downers Grove late August, I was told they had outgrown that location and would be moving down the road a few miles this fall. I just looked at the Minelab website and see their address is now in Lisle, IL, a couple miles SW of Downers Grove. So it would not surprise me if the slight delay that some have experienced lately is due to their move. However, that is just a guess on my part. HH Randy

I know they are still moving to a new building but I would give them a ring. They are a good bunch of people up there.

Thanks for the replies. I did not know about their move to a new location. Hopefully they will get settled in and I'll have my 3030 back soon.....Don

P.s. I forgot to mention, my last big find this summer with the 3030 was this 14k white gold ring set with 14 diamonds (real). Now you know why I want the 3030 back soon.

My first day using 3030 didn't go too good dont know if it is coil or me. not stable and readings were jumping around like crazy. dime read 12-35 12-36 12-46 12-41 12-38 12-44 1243 not very consistant like etrac and pinpoint was off bad too. D

[size=large] I encourage my customers to work through me on a repair issue. That way I have my "finger on the pulse of both the customer and the Company." Maintaining a relationship with the Service Department is an advantage to the dealer and translates into an advantage to the customer also. Sometimes the Tech will be able to mention something to try that fixes the problem.. Brian at ML is a good example and so is Mary at White's, other companies will do the same.. Best to all, Richard[/size]

I just received notification from Darren at Minelab today that the repair work is finished and my CTX 3030 is on the way back home! Darren replaced the coil that was causing the falsing problem. He also replaced the screen which had some pixels missing on the upper part. I never even noticed the screen problem - thanks Darren.

It will be one month to the day from the time I shipped the 3030 to Minelab until it will be returned back to me. That seems like a lot longer than Whites and Fisher takes to repair, but I'll just be glad to get it back again......Don

Good think you didn't get rid of the etrac..!!!!