Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Carry Bag

stateguyt

Looking for any ideas on a bag I can use to carry the 3030 and a scoop with approx 36 in handle
This is for bike riding purposes to beaches
If you also tell me the size you are using

I secure one end of the CTX to the 'luggage rack' over my back wheel and attach the coil to my backpack. Important to secure the rack end for shock/bouncing. Scoop is secured horizontally to the frame with scoop end at the rear. So I guess my answer is that ii don't use a bag at all.
I also an interested in others' ideas on this topic.

I use the ML carry bag that came with my 3030. Really well made and roomy. But you must be in great shape if you can bike to the beach with the 3030 and a large blade and not be too pooped to dig!

Forget a big bag on a bike.
I use a 58 cm backpack.( Could be smaller but I take some other stuff too sometimes with two sizes of coils and break down the ctx as well as my lunch and drinks. It has several ways to tighten the gear inside of it with side straps and I can TENSE it up so nothing is slouphing around in the back pack. The Shovel I take is a LONG handle not a short 36 inch, but I strap it to the bike with bungie cords and keep the metal part by the back wheel under the seat. that way I dont have to feel worry about it sticking out the top. The Top of my carbinfiber rods will sometimes stick out of the top side of the back pack depending on how big of loop im using. As long as its secured in the bag and I don't plow through tree branches It's ok.
I like this set up to get me to the site, then I get off the bike and walk draging the shovel. Ive put a ski pole wrist strap to the end of the shovel so I dont have to always grip it and it will just drag if the ground is decent and save my hand grip. Ive also taken some elec tape and make the handle have a bit of a larger smaller ball shape so I can pull it sorta with one hand more easily, hard to explain that. but think of a hammer with a bump in the handle made to fit my grip. it works awesome and have it also on my sand scoop and other tools.

I used to use the carry bag. for me...too floopy and cumbersome. Backpacks are made to sinch tight and this is much better for the ride also for a hike as the shovel works as a walking stick support too.. I also wrap the detector screen in my jacket inside cuz Im a pussy and dont want scratches. But I have hiked biked and hiked into areas a big bag would wear you out on.

I like the backpack idea. Don’t like the idea of any of the sensitive electronic components bouncing around strapped to a bicycle. Too much vibration and chance for breakage.

I have been riding my bike to the beach 3 times a week for years with the CTX on the handlebars, with no problems. I water hunt 90% of the time. No leaks. So I think it's safe to put it on a gun rack on the handlebars.

foggynotion said:
I have been riding my bike to the beach 3 times a week for years with the CTX on the handlebars, with no problems. I water hunt 90% of the time. No leaks. So I think it's safe to put it on a gun rack on the handlebars.
You could always add some padding to the gun rack if you were worried aoubt vibration, Kraemer.