Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cartier Bracelet Fake or Real

buckeeeee

Found today at beach 3-4 reading, looks good but I know Cartier has alot of knock offs, not sure, stamp looks real, feels a little light, 26 grams, I ordered a gold testing kit today and will be testing to see if it is 18k. Any thoughts or guesses on this one?

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 279
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 344
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 255
Looks good to me, too. Does it have a serial # ? Quite a find if it is real. HH Jim tn
I am thinking fake, no serial #, tvr sent me a link which said no serial number on bracelets made in the early 70's, but the newer bracelets also have a different type of screw in connection. this one has the new type and no serial #. Wow, who spends that type of money for the real thing when a fake looks this good!

Found today at beach 3-4 reading, looks good but I know Cartier has alot of knock offs, not sure, stamp looks real, feels a little light, 26 grams, I ordered a gold testing kit today and will be testing to see if it is 18k. Any thoughts or guesses on this one?
Before the test kit arrives try the magnet test. As soon as I get home with a piece of recently found jewelry I hit it with a magnet.
If it sticks to a magnet I toss it. If not I test it with the kit.
Tony

Before the test kit arrives try the magnet test. As soon as I get home with a piece of recently found jewelry I hit it with a magnet.
If it sticks to a magnet I toss it. If not I test it with the kit.
Tony
I just tried the magnet trick and it didn't stick, I guess I wait for the test kit and hope for the best.

Nice find Gold kit will determine make sure you scratch on the edge and make sure you get a deep enough sample if it’s heavily plated gold it will give you a false gold reading.
And a magnet will not stick to nickel which can throw you off also ..
Mark

Nice find Gold kit will determine make sure you scratch on the edge and make sure you get a deep enough sample if it’s heavily plated gold it will give you a false gold reading.
And a magnet will not stick to nickel which can throw you off also ..
Mark

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210411-093018_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210411-093018_Google.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 135
It should weigh 109 grms if it's real.

It should weigh 109 grms if it's real.
I've been looking at the link tvr posted ( https://raymondleejewelers.net/how-to-spot-a-fake-cartier-love-bracelet/) This is what I read from his link, A Cartier Love bracelet should weigh 30-38 grams depending on which model (precious metal) you’ve chosen. If you compare a real Love bracelet with a fake, the fake Cartier bracelet will be lighter. Now I am really confused, his link is identical to the bracelet, I guess I will have to wait for the gold test kit I ordered to be sure.

I've been looking at the link tvr posted ( https://raymondleejewelers.net/how-to-spot-a-fake-cartier-love-bracelet/) This is what I read from his link, A Cartier Love bracelet should weigh 30-38 grams depending on which model (precious metal) you’ve chosen. If you compare a real Love bracelet with a fake, the fake Cartier bracelet will be lighter. Now I am really confused, his link is identical to the bracelet, I guess I will have to wait for the gold test kit I ordered to be sure.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210411-093018_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210411-093018_Google.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 110
I don't know about anyone else but when I find gold as soon as i pick it up I can tell if it gold or not
But that's just me.

I don't know about anyone else but when I find gold as soon as i pick it up I can tell if it gold or not
But that's just me.
Yep, after you have found and handled enough gold items, it's fairly easy to tell between the real stuff and plated stuff!