Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Carved 11hth Corp badge

fyrffytr1

Going through my brothers relics I found several interesting pieces but I like this one the most. It is an 11th Corp, Army of the Potomac badge or pin if you will. And, it has been carved to look like the man in the moon with the initials J and H. It is about the size of a quarter.

Attachments

• 11th Corp badge 1.jpg
    11th Corp badge 1.jpg
    473.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 11th corp badge 2.jpg
    11th corp badge 2.jpg
    616.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 11th corp badge.jpg
    11th corp badge.jpg
    452.8 KB · Views: 117
This is a very cool carved badge. I have a piece of carved lead from a Minnie' ball I found years ago that I always called the Man in the Moon. It looks similar to this piece. Did this piece come from the Antietam area? I know this has a lot of meaning to you. This was a great save.

This is a very cool carved badge. I have a piece of carved lead from a Minnie' ball I found years ago that I always called the Man in the Moon. It looks similar to this piece. Did this piece come from the Antietam area? I know this has a lot of meaning to you. This was a great save.
I am not sure if it came from Antietam but I think it was probably found there or in Hagerstown, Md. Back before the park service acquired the area surrounding the battlefield my brother had permission to hunt some of the farms. I wish I could ask him where it came from and I will someday.

I am not sure if it came from Antietam but I think it was probably found there or in Hagerstown, Md. Back before the park service acquired the area surrounding the battlefield my brother had permission to hunt some of the farms. I wish I could ask him where it came from and I will someday.
You absolutely will.