Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

carying md in car

langsy

does other treasure hunters carry their detector in the trunk of the car when you go to work, and leave it in the car all day then from work go hunting? does the heat hurt the machine? or what do you do to protect it?

I wouldn't store a detector in the trunk of a car if the temperature exceeds 90 degrees (in the trunk/inside of vehicle), not 90 degrees outside temp. It can be 78 degrees outside and 90+ degrees inside. Vehicles amplify heat higher than air temp. High temps will either outright kill the machine or shortlife it or it will start acting weird in a way that you can't identify where the problem is coming from.
My credentials..........I am a certified computer technician...........and your detector is............taaadaahhhhh............a miniature computer:)

My Pioneer 101 rode around in the car for years and i still use it all the time. doesn't seem to have affected it in the least big, other than as noted above about batteries.

Karl