Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Change2

jimi

Support@xchange2.net gave me a link to download/install XChange2 for windows 10. The program is in the beta stage. Problem is it will not save the new mode to the collections folder. Don't know when the fix will be resolved so i am looking into purchasing a refurbished laptop with windows 7. Does anyone know if the operating system can be windows 7 pro or does it strictly need to be windows 7. Really don't know much about either operating system but want to get the purchase right if it makes a difference. Thanks!

After a little research i have come to find out i would probably have better luck purchasing a refurbished laptop with windows 8. Does anyone know if windows 8.1 would work as well? Thanks!

Thanks Joe! I will try to install again using the CD. Did you use the CD that came with your CTX or install from a minelab link?

One laptop had a CD drive and I used the CD with it but the other didn't have a CD drive so I down loaded it from the Minelab site.

Joe

Dont know what happened the first time i tried to download/install the program but did try again after you said you did not have a problem. It is working great! The link that Minelab sent me which they said was in the beta stage had some flaws. Glad i tried the CD again, Thanks Joe! Now i am ready to create the training mode from the CTX handbook by Andy Sabisch (which i have read two times through) and start my learning experience!

jimi said:
Support@xchange2.net gave me a link to download/install XChange2 for windows 10. The program is in the beta stage. Problem is it will not save the new mode to the collections folder. Don't know when the fix will be resolved so i am looking into purchasing a refurbished laptop with windows 7. Does anyone know if the operating system can be windows 7 pro or does it strictly need to be windows 7. Really don't know much about either operating system but want to get the purchase right if it makes a difference. Thanks!

jimi,
I realize you've already got this sorted out, but as for your original question...

Technically, there are 6 versions of Windows 7, and XChange runs on every one of them just fine.
(Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate)

Glad you got it working for you on Win 10.
:)
mike

Funny thing. When I run exchange win 10 on a usb 3.0 powered port I have the issue of saving modes. On the same laptop when I plug into the usb 2.0 port, not powered there are no issues.