Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Changeover Switch

[quote Eric Foster]Hi Reg,

For the benefit of those on this forum who don't know what SETA is (including myself), what does it stand for? I know there are numerous posts on another forum, but I just haven't had the time to read them. By the way, I have read your emails and will respond shortly. The reason for such lack of time is another important and unique project I am working on.

Eric.[/quote]

Hi Eric,

For more information on SETA, please see the following info;

http://tinyurl.com/3b633l

Now, to simplify SETA to be basic level, it is simply the ability to select 6 different delay settings. There is obviously more involved, but the key is the changing of the delay to suit the environment and the desired target response. Just what else is specifically involved is not known, but it could include some of the following; changing the pulse width, maybe changing the timing relationship between the main sample and the ground(s) sample, and possibly some changes in filtering to enhance or smooth out certain responses.

Now, as for the responses from rocks and the discussion in the thread in the link above, you can get a better idea of eliminating that problem by simply reading a lot of the past posts here on this forum relating to eliminating responses caused by the Earth's magnetic field.

Hi Bill,

So, your reference to the GQ having that feature is basically correct. The GQ does change the pulse width, the delay, and the relationship between samples. It just doesn't have a form of ground balance at this time. So, it sort of has a mini seta technology. On the plus side, the actual delay setting is totally variable so there are a whole lot more settings available than 6.

Reg

"Getting back to the subjects in this thread, Eric pointed out he used to have a switch that would allow one to turn off the ground balance on his GS 5, but has opted to advance his design to now allow the ground balance to be adjusted over its entire range. This gives the operator total control and basically infinite settings from which to chose and not limited to a few."

Actually, I was fortunate enough to get to use a GS5 with this feature, but I MUCH prefer the setup on the 5C which in my opinion gives much more control over the way the ground is handled.

Top marks Eric for the detector!, Once you begin to get the hang of it you realise just how much control is at your fingertips!

Cheers!