Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Changing coils?

Just wondering if you want to switch coils and go to say a 15 inch coil, do you just put it on and go, or do you need to do anything special? Same for say a smaller than stock coil. For the equinox 600 or 800.

Nothing needs to be done, but keep in mind you can usually run a higher sensitivity with the smaller coil....but you know this.🙂

I’d also order another lower shaft and have it ready to just attach instead of removing the coils from one shaft.
Mark

Like MKus said I also buy the extra lower shaft for easy change-out in the field.
I like the small coils, but that just me.
I think you need a Frequency Counter to make sure the coils PPS is accurate?

Just Bust balls.................................................

Each of my coils have their own shafts, so much easier and faster that way.
when changing coils the detector will shut down automatically.
Doug

Each of my coils have their own shafts, so much easier and faster that way.
when changing coils the detector will shut down automatically.
Doug
Always turn your detector off first before unplugging your coil. Yes, after changing coils always do a noise cancel and a ground balance, the same when changing modes.

The smaller coil is great for water hunting also way less drag when swinging underwater..
Mark

I found it easier to have three machines, one for each coil. Much easier than replacing the coils cause you'll never switch them in the field.