Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Charging clip difficulties on new HF coil

Goldpick

Something about the new coil that makes it quite a stretch to fit the charging clip in place, most likely to do with the width of the supplied skid plate. Never had any issues with my other two coils, and yesterday managed to cause one of the gold pins on the clip come adrift trying to fit the damned thing - luckily I always keep a spare clip. Anyone else found it to be a lot tighter fit using the 9" HF coil than over the previous coils?

It is a little tighter, I've just been careful when putting the clip on (ie. only opening it just wide enough to slip over the coil cover).

I have the same problem, and it doesn't help my clip is worn out and with the pins pushed in soldered a small bead to each pin. I think the width/depth of the clipping portion of coil cover is causing this?

I'm using a long needle holding clamp attached to the ends of the clip, This force's the clip to mold over the lower portion of coil cover then wiggling the clip eventually makes contact. Hope the picture shows what I've done to make a good charge contact, it force's the clip charge contacts to touch the coil contacts and stay in position.

Need to order couple of clips, One to modify for the 9" HF coil so it has a tightening adjustment securing the clip every time, The other clip for the regular 9" coil.

I can see XP coming out with better clip in the future.

Good luck,
Paul

NYNURSE said:
Buy the aftermarket orange clip. Buy two and give to a friend.

Orange clip doesn't work unfortunately. The orange clip fits the standard coils no problem, but it does not flex to accommodate the width of the HF coil.

Yes the battery can be removed from the coil, but the only time that you would do that is if it had failed and needed to be replaced.

I don't own a HF coil but it seems from the discussions it is slightly wider, therefore the coil cover was also made to conform to the coil but maintained the same wall thickness based on the previous ones. This should have been engineered to compensate for the same clip and wasn't. Seems like a person could just file or Dremmel away a little on each side of coil cover to allow an acceptable fit. It shouldn't really effect your warranty as long as you take it off the coil when you do it so as not to risk gouging the coil.

I had the same issue, couple of others also, I got Moe to send me another cover and it is better, not perfect but way better. No way should we have to open the clips to breaking point, this is a factory defect someplace.

Call Moe and get another coil cover sent, he is fast and a great help.

Jim