Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Charging - Old Guy Question

cometguy

I have been charging my 800 and headphones with the USB connection and my computer. I am planning a beach trip to Florida and it occurred to me that my computer wasn't going along. How do I charge with regular 110? Will my Iphone charging adapter work and be a good match for the Equinox? I also have a USB in my car, is that a better choice or just another option? I am sure others have asked this, but I missed it if they did. I will get a full charge before I leave but will probably need at least one charge before the trip is over.

Thanks, in advance, Don

there are lots of choices for USB charging blocks online. Just type it in you will get it quick and easy. 6 or 8 separate usb charge at one time.

I use the white block of my iPhone charger. Works well but it might take a little longer to charge, but not much time.

What Todd is talking about is an adapter that will fit a few USB connectors, like the block from ML.

If you need to charge your wireless headphones and the wireless modual along with the detector, it is all in one.

Tony NJ

USB charge adapters are sold almost everywhere. I think every single gas station, walmart, grocery, cvs, lowes, etc, etc, etc all sell them.

Might want to check the block usb charger you select--not all are compatible with certain electronics. Just because Lowes or Home Depot carries one does not always mean it will work with your electronics.

Greg (E.Tn) said:
Might want to check the block usb charger you select--not all are compatible with certain electronics. Just because Lowes or Home Depot carries one does not always mean it will work with your electronics.

for the most part, chargers are chargers. Some are higher amperage, but even the lower amp ones will still charge your device, it will just take longer. All USB is the same voltage.

Jason is correct. I would suggest getting at least a 1A USB or higher though, for the speed of charge, plus the voltage regulator automatic cutoff is more certain at full charge with more than what a computer puts out. Lithium batteries might not be as sensitive, but other types of batteries can overcharge and get hot if the cutoff gets misses, due to a very low level of milliamp rating.

Fleabay is stocked full of low priced USB chargers. I have a 12V for my cig lighter in the car for road trips. Very common hardware. I bet I have a dozen AC/USB chargers around the house.

Buy a brand name, with a 2amp output for each output connector on the charger block (2 connectors will take care of the detector and headphones).

Not ALL chargers are created equal...especially when hit comes to safety. You can not expect a $1 charger from the Dollar Store to be of the quality of an $10 charger bought from Best Buy.

Any USB charger will work, but the time it takes to give a full charge will vary with the output amps. You IPhone will charge one device at a time at what ever the current rating is of the charger. My Samsung tablet charger is rated at 2amp and works fine (I don't use the wireless headphones). So I only need to take the one charger when I travel. The Equinox needs 2amp to charge correctly, a 1amp unit will take twice as long and a .5amp charger will take 4 times as long.
The next thing to know is what happens when the charge is full. The $10 charger will probably drop off to a trickle charge, the $1 charger will most likely not have a function to drop to a trickle charge.

My two cents worth.