Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Charging

JAN1

Put my 800 on charge last week and even after a few hours the battery only showed half charge even though the light was flashing. Any ideas please?

Put my 800 on charge last week and even after a few hours the battery only showed half charge even though the light was flashing. Any ideas please?
Have you successfully charged it with the same setup before this? Your wall wort might be the problem. I use a good power bank to charge mine, after experiencing the same thing you are. Not been a problem since.

Sometimes it seems like it is connected, but it is not… I have experienced that a couple times… make sure the connection to the box is good. The light will flash even if it is not which will fool you into thinking it is charging.

The charger should have a rating of at least 5V - 2.0A. The contacts on the detector and the charging cable need to be clean. Rub them LIGHTLY with a PINK eraser then a soft cloth. Reconect and it can take upwards of 7 hours depending on how discharged the battery ways.

I had an older detector that wouldn't fully charge with a higher amp charger but it would with a 1.0 amp. If nothing else works you may want to try it.

Sometimes it seems like it is connected, but it is not… I have experienced that a couple times… make sure the connection to the box is good. The light will flash even if it is not which will fool you into thinking it is charging.
Been there done that. As fwcrawford mentions, make sure that connector is seated correctly.

Thank you all.

Think I have now solved the problem, I found a new spare charging cable still in the small box with all the screen protectors that seemed to work as I now have a full charge. Thought I was going to have to go back to my Detector pro Wader with the Blue shaft which is now about 12 years old.:)
:)

Thank you all.

Think I have now solved the problem, I found a new spare charging cable still in the small box with all the screen protectors that seemed to work as I now have a full charge. Thought I was going to have to go back to my Detector pro Wader with the Blue shaft which is now about 12 years old.:)
:)
I hope that was all of it. About the power banks, they have their own independent regulators and will cut off before damaging the device. A power bank is something I think everybody needs. I carry one on hunts with a spare charge cable. I never have needed it yet, but I know it will charge my unit here at home. GLHH