Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Charles....Congratulations and 'Have fun'....Investment in an E-Trac must surely be a safer bet than a bank !!!!.......MattR.UK.

It may be all real!!! I am starting to worry about the differences from machine to machine! Some of those problems may well be true for certain machines and may sound ridiculous to someone who's machine isn't acting that way. As far as depth, my machine gets 9" (barely) on a silver Roosevelt (air test). But bury that same coin and I get 5". Someone else has done tests and gotten 2 or 3" more depth on a silver dime. It seems to me to be location and machine differences. I will watch the repair situation with great focus. Anyone sending their unit back that gets 6" and gets it returned at 9" will make me very happy! For now count yourselves very lucky if you get great depth, little or no iron falsing, and a smooth running monster!! For me, I will continue tweaking the controls and hope I can stumble onto some settings to at least improve my depth!

My biggest concern was that on my SE's, in all metal, I would get "balnking" in the audio when a target was just nearly, but not quite, out of detection range. This would tell me there was a vary deep target. On my SE's, the screen many times, would give an ID even though the audio didn't and I could squeeze another 1 or 2 inches of depth out of my machine that way. Interestingly, a very high percentage of those "ghost" targets were coins, old coins, sometimes large silver coins. I could not hear their blanking if I used any discrimination what so ever. The posts that was referring to were 14-16 days ago.