Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Charles Garrett RIP

Des D

http://www.garrett.com/charles_garrett_memoriam.aspx

Have just heard the sad News that Charles Garrett has passed away April 3rd.

"Thank you Mr.Garrett for getting me 'fired up' about our great hobby from reading your books and for my 1st discriminating detector.
Your inventions have given so much pleasure, satisfaction and security to so many people around the world"

Rest in Peace

What a sad day! He was always such a very, altruistic generous man. Always donated prizes to events. Made the world a much safer place with his top notch security equipment. I named my youngest son son "Jarrett" who was born with autism with Charles in mind. My sincere condolences to his very lovely wife and adult children........His top of the line equipment he produced towards metal detecting has filled in a wonderful past time for both my family and myself in many parts of the world......Such a sad day.

John-Edmonton

My first detector was a GTI 2500, and some of the best years of my life was spent relic and coin hunting with this great machine. I have read many of Charles Garrett's books, and I'll have to say that he was the inspiration that got me started in this great hobby. I have found may fantastic relics and coins due to his amazing inventions and patents and the brilliant configuration of his designs. Some of my best finds were: a CSA Plate in near mint condition, George Washington Inaugural Button, Double Tongue Confederate Belt Buckle, 1,000's of bullets and many buttons not to mention the piles of silver coins.

R.I.P. Charles. I was talking to Sue at Garrett Detectors yesterday, and was wondering how Charles was doing. I got distracted and never got around to asking her. He truly was a treasure. My thoughts and prayers are with his family, and I hope they can find comfort in the days ahead. God bless them all.

Wow, sad to hear, he did so much for us to enjoy.

Up to us to keep his dream going hugs to his family and friends

Many thanks to the great things Charles Garrett did for all of us and his family in so many ways. He was a wonderful man and will be missed by many. God Bless

What an amazing life! He sure provided a lot of fun, exercise and employment to a lot of people...we are really in a young hobby when you think of it...this one man made a positive impact on so many lives, not a whole lot of people can claim that...
Mud

n/t

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. My first Garrett detector was the GMH CX II. It was a fun machine and found me boat loads of clad.

Oh my God this is sad. RIP Mr.Garrett you have inspired us all and cemented your legacy and you will never be forgotten.

Wow, so sorry to hear. My first detector back in 1973 was a Garrett (CoinHunter?). I still have his book "Successful Coin Hunting" that I bought back then as well. His company set the standard for customer support that still remains the best to this day. RIP Charles. You will be missed by all.

Many thanks to Charles for his contributions to this great hobby. I am new to it having only received my ace 250 last summer. I bought it shortly after taking a sick leave from work due to a back injury. Boredom set in and I realized that I wasn't able to do any of my other hobbies (woodturning and auto repair). I had been looking at detectors previously and decided on Garrett. Just getting out slowly walking and swinging I believe helped a lot with my rehabilitation. The treasures were a bonus. Without my detector I think I would have been off work a lot longer. Thanks again. RIP Mr. Garrett.

Prayers for a fine Christian man who lived his faith and didn't just talk about it. His detectors have brought so much joy to my life, even when I just find junk. The time detecting is the treasure and what we find under our coil is just gravy on the main course.

Even though I NEVER meant the MAN, I have Only HEARD Very K-I-N-D and REINFORCING Words about the MAN!! Les Robinson.

I started off with a Garrett BFO back in 1968 and owned many of his fine machines since then. Rest in peace to a true American patriot and businessman!!

Many many thanks to a wonderful man who brought not just detectors to us
but QUALITY detectors as well. He will be missed