Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Chatter stopped...

Steve In Michigan

I got the chattering to stop. Reset the machine to factory preset. Double checked the settings. Lowered the sensitivity until the chatter stopped then slowly brought it up to just about to chatter 20. Still have a lot to learn as far as the signals. But I did find my first coin. It hammered a nickel at about 3 inches. Thank you all for the help and suggestions. I am sure I will have way more questions for Y'all in the coming days so bare with me. The nickel was a 1980.

I am glad you stopped the chattering with the Equinox.
Nickels will register between 10-13, Don't even notch them out. (unless you don't want to find nickels for some strange reason) Shield's come in at 10, V's 11, Buffalo's usually 12 and Jefferson 13.
I can't express this enough: Scan slow and learn the sounds / TID. Some think I am nuts (maybe I am? 🤔🤔🤔) however 50 tones conveys a ton more information about targets. Personally I couldn’t hunt any other way with this machine.
Investigate signals and learn what this machine is telling you.
Its gonna take time just like any machine but if you stick with it, you will be rewarded.

Nickels will register between 10-13, Don't even notch them out. (unless you don't want to find nickels for some strange reason) Shield's come in at 10, V's 11, Buffalo's usually 12 and Jefferson 13.
I can't express this enough: Scan slow and learn the sounds / TID. Some think I am nuts (maybe I am? 🤔🤔🤔) however 50 tones conveys a ton more information about targets. Personally I couldn’t hunt any other way with this machine.
Its gonna take time just like any machine but if you stick with it, you will be rewarded.
Well said!! :clapping:

I got the chattering to stop. Reset the machine to factory preset. Double checked the settings. Lowered the sensitivity until the chatter stopped then slowly brought it up to just about to chatter 20. Still have a lot to learn as far as the signals. But I did find my first coin. It hammered a nickel at about 3 inches. Thank you all for the help and suggestions. I am sure I will have way more questions for Y'all in the coming days so bare with me. The nickel was a 1980.
Steve.... The chatter has stopped..!! The Nox-600 is new to you...!!

Ok.. We all understand, and have been there.

Please post all of your questions in this Forum.

You would not believe the stupid questions I posted with my Nox-600.

I got 99% positive help & support.

Equinox-800 users are also invaluable..! You just need to interpolate the difference which is in your manual.

Download the manual.... Read it 5-times, and then Post your questions every day you detect,... and show your finds whether it be good or bad.

You won't believe the help you will receive..!!! 👍👍👍👍

Yep, this one banged in at a solid 13

I've had nickels from 11-14 with war nickels sometimes at 14
Mark

I've had nickels from 11-14 with war nickels sometimes at 14
Mark
Very true. Thanks for the reminder. One silver war nickel provide a target ID of 17 for me.
Basically if you know this place holds old coins, it’s obviously a dig-all approach.

Very true. Thanks for the reminder. One silver war nickel provide a target ID of 17 for me.
Basically if you know this place holds old coins, it’s obviously a dig-all approach.
Yep if it’s a solid mid tone and deeper I especially like those sometimes it’s gold ...

The Equinox does well at IDing nickels.
As others have stated, they sometimes give different readings even for the same type.
About the only thing I still get fooled on is pencil erasers and the old beaver tails from tabs.
War nickels can give the most varying ID's.. I have gotten 12, 13, 14, 18, and as high as 22 on them.
Usually when I get a 12/13 bouncing back and forth, it is generally a nickel.
I'm thinking the ground seems to cause a difference in readings between one site and another.
Glad to hear you got the machine to quiet down for you... now you are ready to be impressed with it!!

The Equinox does well at IDing nickels.
As others have stated, they sometimes give different readings even for the same type.
About the only thing I still get fooled on is pencil erasers and the old beaver tails from tabs.
War nickels can give the most varying ID's.. I have gotten 12, 13, 14, 18, and as high as 22 on them.
Usually when I get a 12/13 bouncing back and forth, it is generally a nickel.
I'm thinking the ground seems to cause a difference in readings between one site and another.
Glad to hear you got the machine to quiet down for you... now you are ready to be impressed with it!!
Same here those pesky pencils and round deep pull tabs get me a lot in school yards !
usully nickels will also have a good sound solid hit to,
Mark

Now the learning begins... once you get it setup to a point where you are gaining confidence in what the machine is telling you I would suggest only making small adjustments as often the little adjustments can make a big difference.. I have the 800 and often find myself hunting in 5 kHz especially if I just want cherry pick and avoid can slaw.. good luck and enjoy learning it..