Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

cherry picking with rhe cxt

below2doe

Hi Digger,

Could you please tell me if you are using a tight program to cherry pick persific targets like say he in oz our $1 and $2 coins and aluminium screw caps which are the same vdi can you tell the difference between them with the CXT.You cannot with the E-TRACK.

Regards Beepn. Down Under In Oz.

I've not tested the CTX 3030 with your $1 and $2 coins. Maybe someone from that area will give us some advice. But from my point of view, when two targets are identified with the same ferrous and non-ferrous properties, you can only go by sound. Not the frequency of the audio tone as it will be the same on those targets with matching TID's. But by sound. As strange as it may seem, I can hear a warble sound on Coca Cola brand aluminum screw caps. As much I've tried to hear a difference in sound, even with the CTX 3030, I still dig more than my share of Pepsi Product aluminum screw caps, just as I do with any detector I've used. I know my hearing isn't as sharp as it once was. So if someone has some advice on sorting out the aluminum screw caps, I hope you post it. HH Randy

When it comes to aluminum screw caps, there is a way to discriminate most of them out. The best way I've found is th slightly raise your coil while wiggling over the target. Coins, rings and other good targets will audibly drop off very quickly as you raise your coil. Screw caps and large trash will continue to ring loud. It takes some practice but after lots of targets you should be able to cut way back on the number of screw caps dug. Deep screw caps (more than 6") still can't be avoided...especially if they are squashed. Even a hole with multiple quarters in it will drop off quickly as you raise the coil.

Aluminum screw caps--I just dig 'em.----Can't stand the thought of missing a good target. :)-----------Del

D&P-OR said:
Aluminum screw caps--I just dig 'em.----Can't stand the thought of missing a good target. :)-----------Del
Zactly!!!

I dig them as well because I can remember recently removing one and then finding that there was a nice big silver almost directly under it at around 5 inches. It takes me less time to dig one and recycle it than it does to muck around trying to work out if it is or isn't one. I have almost walked away from a target in the past because of what they call a warble or scratchy signal, only to find it was a silver pocket spill.

I do too ~~~~ thanks Del remember the G2 loves them ~~~~~