Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Chicago water hunters?

Lakota

Wondering who we have water hunting the Chicago beaches? There is a very good chance that I'll be up there for Thanksgiving and couldn't help but notice the water close by to Great lakes.

Lakota

Yep, Chicago Ron and his friends have done some great youtube videos of hunting those beaches after and during the big November storms. If you watch them, you will get all lathered up in a big hurry!:drool:
Mud.

Yeah CR was the only Chicago hunter I knew about and watched his water vids till about 12 last night lol.

Yup him and Marks finds can make one start chomping at the bit to get in some water :detecting:

I'll have to pick my brothers head about where he takes his little girls swimming out there. They were born on Oahu and are truely water babies. This will probably be my only chance to go that way since next year the Navy will have them back in southern California.

So I have to take advantage of this. I guess my next concern is do I take my conceal carry while hunting in one of the most anti gun cities in our nation lol

Ran across a few negative posts on this subject and while growing up in rough neighborhoods most of my life Chicago is far from my neck of the woods and how things work there.

We'll see..

Stay safe out there guys and good luck,

Lakota

If you are legal, you should carry. Everyone is a winner when good, competent people are armed. [size=small](can anyone other than LE actually legally conceal carry in Chicago???)[/size]

Go to a dive shop (or even the camping section at Walmart) to find a waterproof container to house your firearm. And throw some pepper spray in there while you are at it. Always a good idea to have a less-lethal option when you are carrying. I see a lot of talk about hitting folks with a scoop, but you really don't want to get to that point. Run away if at all possible and immediately contact the police.
I say all this as a retired deputy and apologize if I have offended anyones political sensibilities. Be legal but above all Stay Safe.

I hope to be in the Chicago water in the future also, Daughter just moved there...E Chestnut and N Michigan Ave just a few blocks from the lake. An info on those beach's near there...

KinTN said:
If you are legal, you should carry. Everyone is a winner when good, competent people are armed. [size=small](can anyone other than LE actually legally conceal carry in Chicago???)[/size]

Go to a dive shop (or even the camping section at Walmart) to find a waterproof container to house your firearm. And throw some pepper spray in there while you are at it. Always a good idea to have a less-lethal option when you are carrying. I see a lot of talk about hitting folks with a scoop, but you really don't want to get to that point. Run away if at all possible and immediately contact the police.
I say all this as a retired deputy and apologize if I have offended anyones political sensibilities. Be legal but above all Stay Safe.

Legal in AR. and my wife is a LEO. While I grew up In LA and Fresno and spent a few years in the Sacramento area , I have only ever drove through Chicago so don't know the places to expect trouble. I have no problem with hand to hand. Hell that sums up most of my youth " hand to hand. But sad ass gang bangers usually want an over whelming advantage in a fight ( more then two of them) or a weapon. I truly am not a fan of pepper spray for my own reasons.

After watching Chicago Ron and Mark's videos, I'm thinking early AM just after sun up would be the time with the least chance for problems from the local wild life.

Another thing I'm considering is possibly picking up a CZ20/21 for this trip. Between that and my Stingray I should be well cover

Yes, super early and out by 10...The AtPro works good in Lake Mich, at least it has for me, it will not miss a chain or ring...I also had a CZ21, sold it, just the Pro for the water now....
Mud