Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Choosing the right one

Rivermarine1

I am considering a Minelab X-Terra 50 to replace a Bounty Hunter that was stolen out of my truck recently. I am struggling between the 50 and the 70, unsure. I relic hunt and coin shoot. Hit a lot of old farm areas here in Texas. Mineralization varies depending on where I am. Some areas heavy in iron ore. Plan on a trip to Arizona later this year. Feel like I lost my right arm when mine got stolen.
I would really appreciate some input. Thanks for your time in advance. HH. Jim

The 50 would do you fine. However if you have the extra cash then get the 70. There is a lot of differences in options well worth the extra dollars.

If your budget allows it, I would go for the 70. You might end up appreciating the extra coil options for both relics and coins. Either way, great machines!

Another thing to consider the Xterra 50 has manual gound balane where the Xterra 70 has either manual or auto.

Really no struggle here. The 50 is a great machine but the 70 has more options, improved depth I think, and is a better relic hunter. If you can afford it go for it.

Is the 70 better for relics because of the prospecting mode, or is there another advantage? I've been using the x50 with 10.5 MF DD with great success for relic hunting.