Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Christmas gift to myself!

Buckeye658793

Hi I’ve been detecting on and off for 20 years I have an Ace350 that I use and had really good luck with.Well this year I decided to upgrade and bought a new Legend i received it the day after Christmas I have already done the 1.09 update.I also bought the Legend book by Andy Sabisch I’ve been playing around with it in the house since the weather in Nw Ohio is crappy this time of year it is definitely a little overwhelming I have a lot of reading and research to do on this machine.Any pointers for a first time user would be greatly appreciated.

Went out with my Legend for a couple of hours yesterday. I've had the Legend for about 8 months and it's a delight to use. It can be as simple or as complex as you wish to make it(tuning the detector). I have been detecting for over 45 years now and this detector is hands down the best I've used. I have a Minelab Equinox 800 that is also a fabulous detector but I favor the Legend. Yesterday I found 10 coins; 5 older Jefferson Nickles and 5 pennies, three of which were coppers and two Zincoins.
Yesterday I ran in single frequency (mostly 10 or 15 Khz) and the depth of the Nickles was ~ 5".
You'll find that the settings are easy to master the more you use the Legend.
Great choice.

i too got me a Xmas gift of the legend im impressed
i would suggest you don't fuss to much about all the settings have a play with it when the snow lets you & watch all the tube videos there as big help
i got out twice with mine & its a great machine not to hard to learn

I basically went from beep and dig analog tesoro detectors and thought it would be overwhelming but after getting it and reading the manual a couple times its what you make of it. Use it as a turn on and go detector with the factory settings. If that works for you ita thats simple. Start playing around with one feature at a time and just use the ones that you want to use and work for your style.
Its a very versatile detector. It can be a simple turn on and go or customizable advanced detector you can grow into.
Don’t overthink it. You don’t have to use everything all at once

Merry Christmas to myself. i like that! Gunna have to do that also. i deserve it.

So, you've already done the 1.09 update and got Andy Sabisch's book. That's smart thinking. The Legend can be a bit overwhelming at first, but don't worry, you'll get the hang of it soon. Take your time to read and research as much as you can about the machine.

It has not been officially released yet, but I recommend the Nokta Accupoint, it will pair with your legend, so far I am impressed with how it works. Not really allowed to say anything else about it.

Hi I’ve been detecting on and off for 20 years I have an Ace350 that I use and had really good luck with.Well this year I decided to upgrade and bought a new Legend i received it the day after Christmas I have already done the 1.09 update.I also bought the Legend book by Andy Sabisch I’ve been playing around with it in the house since the weather in Nw Ohio is crappy this time of year it is definitely a little overwhelming I have a lot of reading and research to do on this machine.Any pointers for a first time user would be greatly appreciated.
Hi, When I bought mine, I watched the instruction videos on y-tube from different folks who owned one. Kept on watching over and over until I really understood exactly how to use all the functions and different settings. It does help if you have been detecting for a while to better understand how a detector works.
Stan.

So, you've already done the 1.09 update and got Andy Sabisch's book. That's smart thinking. The Legend can be a bit overwhelming at first, but don't worry, you'll get the hang of it soon. Take your time to read and research as much as you can about the machine.
As for pointers, I'd suggest starting with some basic settings and getting familiar with them. Once you're comfortable, try experimenting with different settings to see what works best for you. And don't forget to practice outside when the weather gets better. Nothing beats hands-on experience! By the way, if you're looking for personalized gifts related to metal detecting, you can find some cool options online. Custom-made digging tools or even personalized metal detecting shirts could add a fun touch to your hobby.