Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Church going/ belonging vs not

relicmeister

I don’t belong to one and have never gone regularly. To many Christians it’s the main thing- many not thinking about God outside of the weekly service. I want to find one and go but wary I won’t find what I’m looking for. Many churches more like a social club. My faith is 24 hours a day, largely practiced by myself, and using internet to access a few podcasts, chronological bible read/ study, couple Christian websites, following several devout servants of Christ who are genuinely on fire for Jesus, and not motivated by money or seeking high subscribers but actually trying to show others how to live not for themselves or this world and things but for spiritual life with our father in heaven who is here and alive and always with us. Full devotion and acceptance/surrender will give us the joy we can know no other way, no matter how much you attend church. Indeed- many churches today will mislead and not even follow true Christian doctrine., acceptance of all religions being equal and moral relativism.
Maybe someday God will lead to a church that’s meant for me- until then I practice in seclusion.
God bless all of you in Jesus name Amen

No conversion here as I was born and raised LDS. Teachings, inspiration and guidance encourage me to live a Christ-like life as best I can. None of us are perfect. But we can follow His teachings and strive for perfection.

I appreciate your remarks Relicmaster. All that you say is correct. There are times in ones life that a family is needed. And, there is no better family than a Church family. A family, that when asked, can send up genuine and willful prayers for you and others that you ask for. If all the Apostles had stayed at home, they would never have seen Jesus' works and they would never have published them. But, the most important thing------------In Luke when Jesus sent the Apostles out and they came back to tell Him of casting out demons, healing the sick, etc. and Jesus remarked to them that He had seen Satin fall from Heaven at lightening speed but all these were not important. Only that your name be written in the Book of Life.

I don’t belong to one and have never gone regularly. To many Christians it’s the main thing- many not thinking about God outside of the weekly service. I want to find one and go but wary I won’t find what I’m looking for. Many churches more like a social club. My faith is 24 hours a day, largely practiced by myself, and using internet to access a few podcasts, chronological bible read/ study, couple Christian websites, following several devout servants of Christ who are genuinely on fire for Jesus, and not motivated by money or seeking high subscribers but actually trying to show others how to live not for themselves or this world and things but for spiritual life with our father in heaven who is here and alive and always with us. Full devotion and acceptance/surrender will give us the joy we can know no other way, no matter how much you attend church. Indeed- many churches today will mislead and not even follow true Christian doctrine., acceptance of all religions being equal and moral relativism.
Maybe someday God will lead to a church that’s meant for me- until then I practice in seclusion.

If we don't live for God Jehovah by giving worship & praise to His One & Only beloved Son, Christ Jesus, in & for all things in our daily living this life of different cultured Society, than going to church once or twice a week & then sinning, Cursing & living like Satan, the devil, the rest of the week does not a Christian make (an obedient Child of GOD)! We are to gather together & witness to one another our sincere, true love for Him through His wonderful Agape love for us, for no greater love is there than to lay down a person's own life, so, that another might live & receive BELIEVING FAITH in JESUS & not suffer the fiery punishment of unbelief which is the only SIN that will cast anyone into Hell's Fiery Furnace by never accepting Jesus as our own personal Savior & Lord & serving Him not because of unbelief in Jesus, Who arose alive & well from death's tomb, in His glorious, Spiritual new body by defeating Satan, the lying Devil, & taking away his keys to death, hell & the grave & PTL Jesus is alive forever more & helps rule the heavens & the earth, as He sits on His throne by His Heavenly Father God's Right hand! May God Bless for you to be in the Church Congregation Family where God wants you to learn what is needed to serve Jesus, faithfully! Amen! Ma

I appreciate your remarks Relicmaster. All that you say is correct. There are times in ones life that a family is needed. And, there is no better family than a Church family. A family, that when asked, can send up genuine and willful prayers for you and others that you ask for. If all the Apostles had stayed at home, they would never have seen Jesus' works and they would never have published them. But, the most important thing------------In Luke when Jesus sent the Apostles out and they came back to tell Him of casting out demons, healing the sick, etc. and Jesus remarked to them that He had seen Satin fall from Heaven at lightening speed but all these were not important. Only that your name be written in the Book of Life.

Dear Cookie58: And how do we keep our name written down in God's Book of Life? Having Believing Faith in Jesus & keeping Him with us by serving & worshipping Him in Spirit & in Truth, always! May God's Blessings be upon you & your family! Amen! Ma

Fellowship and the benefit of intercessional prayer when needed by other worshippers is all I’m lacking without church. Until that, I’ve also been attending real time prayer revival meetings online , one led by a Korean bible college student who I find particularly devoted to misistry and I find powerful in her personal service to Christ. It’s worship music Infused with directed prayer followed by bible reading and ending in discussion and musical worship. It’s about 3 hours long and very moving. I asked Jesus for power of discernment that I am only drawn toward the right individuals to follow.
Furthermore, in my life, prayer is happening multiple times per day and for everything, often to give praise to Jesus and express my gratitude for everything. This to me is a large part of living life as a follower of Jesus , and to try to treat everyone including adversaries the same way that Jesus would. In all these thing I will fall short and any good that comes is from him and not me except through my faith.

Gods' Word is replete:
Rom_16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
1Co_1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
1Co_3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
1Co_11:18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.
The Math formulae for division: Numerator of top Denominator on bottom Denominator = Denominations.
All denominations cause divisions of Gods' Word! Period.
My research reveals all denominations started by one, or two, members disagreeing on one issue. Isn't that funny? Now, take that name of that Denomination and you
are off to a very good start of exactly how the division is premised.
So, now what have you got? A mad Church!
Many that are educated, intelligent, intellectual human beings would 'never' believe in any of that nonsense.
Denominations/Religions are nothing more than a geographical issue! Period.
Its' like the old saying you get in where you 'fit in'!
Pew Research Center will confirm this. Government 101 teaches the geographical regions that comprise of the politics that are in that area, religions, and natural resources.
Rest assured when you take that last breath you will not be carded for your credit card sized denominational Christendom dogma membership card!
Good people do not go to heaven!
Christians have the best avenue for salvation. There is only one definition for Christian: Christ like.
Jesus is our propitiation!
Rom_3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
1Jn_2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
1Jn_4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
Isn't that beautiful!
When you pray Jesus said 'pray 'father'. When you ask to be forgiven for your sins say, I pray in the name of Jesus!
And guess what!
Heb 9:20 Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.
Heb 9:21 Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry.
Heb 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
Isn't that beautiful!
Amen
Please I do not have time for Bible study.
Leatherneck,
Semper fidelis

I have always said there isn’t a perfect church because we are there. We have all sinned and fall short of the glory of God. I have a close relationship and bond with some of the people at the church I go to and we pray for each other everyday. I too listen to some on the internet also. If you were close to Kentucky I would invite you. I believe it is important to have a church body to worship with and fellowship with. A good brother or sister in Christ will pray for us, check us if we step off course and be there through the good and the bad. It is always nice to know I can call a brother or sister and know they will pray for me and not just say they will. A good pastor is good to have also. Mine I can talk to about anything. And sometimes what we think is right may not be right and a good pastor will give us scripture to question what is right or wrong.

Find you a good ASSEMBLY OF GOD church and the holy spirit will blow your socks off:clapping:

Attachments

• america needs God.jpg
    america needs God.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 105
  • first step in faith.jpg
    first step in faith.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 99
  • blessed day.png
    blessed day.png
    506.5 KB · Views: 94
  • christ.jpg
    christ.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 100
  • he loved us first.jpg
    he loved us first.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 100
  • jesus in heaven.png
    jesus in heaven.png
    297.2 KB · Views: 112
  • pray.jpg
    pray.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 103
Find you a good ASSEMBLY OF GOD church and the holy spirit will blow your socks off:clapping:

YES!! AMEN! As God's Holy Spirit is AWESOME & has all POWER with Whom we will endure & overcome ALL THINGS! Heaven is my Home; I'm just a travelling through (a peculiar child of God Jehovah) my treasures are laid up way beyond the blue never to corrupt nor to decay; so, won't you ACCEPT & have BELIEVING FAITH in JESUS, as your own personal savior & let Him be the Lord of your life Who saves & baptizes us with God, the Holy Spirit Who helps guide & direct our footsteps with His Bright Light shining within our Living Soul!?? Dear Jesus, Please help our lost loved ones to find their way Home far away beyond the BLUE Skies, also! Amen! Ma

7centsworth- thanks for the kind invite. Never passed through Kentucky- hope to change that someday I hear it’s beautiful and great people. Sounds like you have yourself a great church and pastor. I know I’m lacking that and will try to find the right one got me. Thanks to all who made suggestions. All I know is since I began to pray around the clock and take in his word and io

(sorry-incomplete) jwotship privately and express gratitude for all things and just involve Jesus in my life every moment, good things have Ben happening,,and joy has filled my heart more thoroughly than at any other time in my life. I feel as if much of my fallen spirit has been crucified and replaced with the holy spirit, because I’m not capable of doing that myself.

7centsworth- thanks for the kind invite. Never passed through Kentucky- hope to change that someday I hear it’s beautiful and great people. Sounds like you have yourself a great church and pastor. I know I’m lacking that and will try to find the right one got me. Thanks to all who made suggestions. All I know is since I began to pray around the clock and take in his word and io
If you ever get to come through here. Give me a holler. We will go detecting and fishing if you like to do that. I have all kinds of ponds, creeks and rivers close to me.

(sorry-incomplete) jwotship privately and express gratitude for all things and just involve Jesus in my life every moment, good things have Ben happening,,and joy has filled my heart more thoroughly than at any other time in my life. I feel as if much of my fallen spirit has been crucified and replaced with the holy spirit, because I’m not capable of doing that myself.
AMEN! Jesus is our Joy Unspeakable & full of GLORY as God fills us (His Praying Saints) with His Holy Spirit, Who guides & directs our footsteps to follow daily in Jesus' BRIGHT LIGHT! Amen! Ma

Try this one - online site we listen to for many years now.

pracical christian living - - -Robert Furrow, Tucson , Az

Steve in so la
Hey Steve, long time no see so to speak!
New Years Blessings to you and yours!