Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Church Legend

Richard@BackwoodsDetectors

Findmall Sponsor
I took the Legend out today for the first time to a church that is 225 years old and has been pounded for 50 years or so. It is not impossible to find a good target but you have work extremely hard for them.
I started out in the Field Mode but within 15 minutes or so went to the Park Mode. I had sens. at 30 ( no EMI ), M2 and my audio tones at 60. The photo with the pinpointer, I almost gave up on but couldn't because the pinpointer said I was on top of it.. The Legend did not ID it correctly but it let me know there was a non-ferrous target in the hole at that depth. ( Flat button with shank ) The wheatie ( 1918 ) had some iron around it but the high tone stood out and with that tone at a 90 degree, too, I dug it.. The shield nickel (1856?) was different, the Legend knocked the crap out of it and the ID was correct as was the audio. The small piece of jewelry ( came in at 21 ), I started to pass over it but the audio and ID was not moving .
My first impression, it is a deep machine, good about distinguishing ferrous from non-ferrous, targets ( in my ground ) up to 8" ID correctly with numbers and audio. With 3 hours, a person cannot make an honest evaluation or even come close to knowing the capabilities of a detector. So far, so good.. HH Richard
( For us folks back here in the hills, this is a good day for us. Few places to hunt anymore )

Attachments

• P3200032.JPG
    P3200032.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 162
  • P3200035.JPG
    P3200035.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 167
  • P3200038.JPG
    P3200038.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 164
  • P3200044.JPG
    P3200044.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 166
  • P3200045.JPG
    P3200045.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 163
I took the Legend out today for the first time to a church that is 225 years old and has been pounded for 50 years or so. It is not impossible to find a good target but you have work extremely hard for them.
I started out in the Field Mode but within 15 minutes or so went to the Park Mode. I had sens. at 30 ( no EMI ), M2 and my audio tones at 60. The photo with the pinpointer, I almost gave up on but couldn't because the pinpointer said I was on top of it.. The Legend did not ID it correctly but it let me know there was a non-ferrous target in the hole at that depth. ( Flat button with shank ) The wheatie ( 1918 ) had some iron around it but the high tone stood out and with that tone at a 90 degree, too, I dug it.. The shield nickel (1856?) was different, the Legend knocked the crap out of it and the ID was correct as was the audio. The small piece of jewelry ( came in at 21 ), I started to pass over it but the audio and ID was not moving .
My first impression, it is a deep machine, good about distinguishing ferrous from non-ferrous, targets ( in my ground ) up to 8" ID correctly with numbers and audio. With 3 hours, a person cannot make an honest evaluation or even come close to knowing the capabilities of a detector. So far, so good.. HH Richard
( For us folks back here in the hills, this is a good day for us. Few places to hunt anymore )
Nice. Congratulations

I'm really impressed with the Legend so far. For reference I only hunt relics, Civil War and old home places and have run everything, F75, T2, Tarsacci, Deus 1 and 2, Equinox 800, and GPX 4500 and 5000. The Equinox has been my main detector with the Deus with HF coil for trashy high iron areas. Out of the box I ran the Equinox against the Legend with a Civil War bullet sitting amongst square nails and the Nox did a far better job of unmasking. I then started running the Legend in M2, all-metal with the tone break lowered to 7 and it did a much better job. I took it a field that has a blanket of square nails and I couldn't believe how quickly and easily I was picking out small pieces of lead and bullets. You can run the detector wide open and it's quiet as a mouse. The Deus II experiences a little EMI at this site. The Legend also had very little falsing meaning less time investigating ghost signals. I ran Field M2, all-metal, tone break 7, recovery 8 and would check targets in all modes with Prospecting in standard Custom notched to 10 which was especially effective. I do something similar with the Nox checking iffy signals in Prospecting Mode. I eventually left it in Prospecting. It's an absolute pleasure to use with its excellent ergonomics and headphones that I've been using for other purposes, very high quality. The Equinox is a PERFORMER but I've never loved using it like the Deus and now the Legend has been one of the most fun detectors I've ever used. I should also mention I hunted using the latest update. If you're a relic guy and NM keeps the updates coming this will be a fantastic machine. The Deus II is a beast but I really am more excited to take out the Legend for more hunts.

Don't nickels come in around 21 on the Simplex ?

Don't nickels come in around 21 on the Simplex ?

I think the Simplex uses pretty much the same scale as the Anfibio. I could be wrong about that. Anyway, a nickel generally comes in around 29 on the Anfibio.

So far nickels seem to come in around 25-26 on the Legend. I haven't dug many though, so that generalization should be taken with a grain of salt.

My soil is generally fairly mild.

What I was trying to suggest.
The Legend may be running TID's closer to the Simplex than other models.
So 14-25 could be good targets to investigate for Gold.

I believe now you'll have to go back and rehunt all your Favorite sites anew.