Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cibola MOD Which do you guys like better?

:Left4Dead

I did take the photos off of this forums. TVR and Reddogg777 Get credit for the photos. I did post this in the MODS area, but wanted to get some of our TESORO users Opinions too.:wiggle:

But of the the two photos which do you like better? Or better yet, I will be making a video of this mod which ever one I choose.

Understand I really don't see a need for an all metal mode , slight hum while hunting. I always hunt in disc unless I pinpoint. So I may not drill a hole in mine if I choose the one photo.

addon1.jpg

OR

addon.jpg

Let me know the first one or the second one. I do like them both right now, their is no right or wrong answer.

Mike

I would go with Photo 2, the adjustable GB. Tesoros pinpoint real well without having to have the all metal mode. I don't know if there is enough room there to put in a 10 turn pot, but if there is then you would have a dynamite combo as a 10 turn gives a more precise setting, because of the wider range.

I'm a White's guy and like the trigger underneath, that is the way I did my Cibola but it is just a personal preference.

Go with the trigger underneath. Much easier to toggle with your pointer finger on the hand that is gripping the detector. That is how mine is setup. Would seem awkward with the toggle on the panel IMO.

Canewrap said:
I don't know if there is enough room there to put in a 10 turn pot,

A 10 turn will fit; just need to check the part dimensions in the specification sheet before you order one.

Canewrap said:
I would go with Photo 2, the adjustable GB. Tesoros pinpoint real well without having to have the all metal mode. I don't know if there is enough room there to put in a 10 turn pot, but if there is then you would have a dynamite combo as a 10 turn gives a more precise setting, because of the wider range.

Sorry they both have Adjustable ground balance, but one has the pinpoint on the top ,and one has it on the bottom with a pull toggle.

Sorry, didn't notice that both had the adjustable GB. Well, then its an easy decision. Which one would you be most comfortable with? The switch underneath is easier to go into all metal for checking ground balance. That's how I do it with my Tejon.

Having the trigger all metal switch is an excellent tool for getting a better "look" at the target, as well as making it easy to do regular GB quick check. Running full time AM can be good on a clean beach, woods or any clean ground.
Thought I'd post my mods for all to see.
The headphones are Sony MDR V-600 and are hard to beat. They should only be used with a volume control unless you're already deaf.
1. Funky stickers gone
2. 10 turn GB
3. AM trigger switch (2 position toggle)
4. Volume control
5. Raincoat
6. Waterproofed PCB
7. Pipe insulator grip/pad

Wager, nicely done. How does it perform?

Mike

:Left4Dead said:
Wagger, nicely done. How does it perform?

Mike

Thanks!
It performs like Elvis in Vegas!
Sometimes I need to throw it into AM just to see if it's still working. I've discovered that in clean ground, when it's set just right, it will shut up until the coil gets within like 18' of a target, then give 1 strong beep, then go quiet. I used to discount it as falsing until I started checking the area more carefully. I've been amazed how far away that I can be from a target when I get the "single strong beep" signal. When searching relatively clean ground in low disc, it's incredible how far away something can be when the mighty C tells you there's something nearby. I'm sure someone like Monte can explain the reason why there seems to be extreme sensitivity with the first sweep on clean ground. Maybe something to do with the way the coil charges the ground?
Since I've started using AM on EVERY TARGET, my trash ratio had diminished by a huge amount. Location and I D accuracy is increased greatly by combining disc+AM.
Ever notice how some targets seem to shift location (like towards the left foot?) when you pinpoint in disc? Almost always ending up being trash? You won't have that problem if you check every target in AM before digging.
I'm repeating my belief in the importance of having an all metal function at your fingertips, and using it on every target. I'VE FOUND THIS TO BE ONE OF THE MOST VALUABLE THINGS I'VE LEARNED SINCE I BEGAN DETECTING.
DON'T OVERLOOK THE VALUE OF HAVING AND USING ALL METAL!!!

I agree with you the pinpoint or all metal mode does help to size up the target quite a bit. Hopefully when im done with this mod it will work great!@!

POLEWAGGER said:
:Left4Dead said:
Wagger, nicely done. How does it perform?

Mike

Thanks!
It performs like Elvis in Vegas!
Sometimes I need to throw it into AM just to see if it's still working. I've discovered that in clean ground, when it's set just right, it will shut up until the coil gets within like 18' of a target, then give 1 strong beep, then go quiet. I used to discount it as falsing until I started checking the area more carefully. I've been amazed how far away that I can be from a target when I get the "single strong beep" signal. When searching relatively clean ground in low disc, it's incredible how far away something can be when the mighty C tells you there's something nearby. I'm sure someone like Monte can explain the reason why there seems to be extreme sensitivity with the first sweep on clean ground. Maybe something to do with the way the coil charges the ground?
Since I've started using AM on EVERY TARGET, my trash ratio had diminished by a huge amount. Location and I D accuracy is increased greatly by combining disc+AM.
Ever notice how some targets seem to shift location (like towards the left foot?) when you pinpoint in disc? Almost always ending up being trash? You won't have that problem if you check every target in AM before digging.
I'm repeating my belief in the importance of having an all metal function at your fingertips, and using it on every target. I'VE FOUND THIS TO BE ONE OF THE MOST VALUABLE THINGS I'VE LEARNED SINCE I BEGAN DETECTING.
DON'T OVERLOOK THE VALUE OF HAVING AND USING ALL METAL!!!

Comparing the target signal between disc and am sounds will give a good idea whether to dig or not.
Haven't had a modd'd Cibola for a number of years now but can recall, some ways AM is useful.

This is just a crude example for a target response in both modes, just to give you an idea
BEEP (disc)------BEEEEEEEP (am)---------------large junk
BEEP--------------BEEP-------------------------------small item

And another way to determine target if the target sounds similar in both modes or slightly different will be another
clue to dig or not.

Using only Disc mode only, you'll barely notice any difference in tone, you'll mostly have to rely on your disc setting
and the fact you got a target response and have to dig it. The AM mode helps alot even if the unit is stock using the pinpointing button

-- moved topic --

raymond779 said:
modded cibola -with ground balance,and am-disc toggle
cibola ground balance mod,instructions-pdf file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzER5wj3sIJwb3NER2NlMi1WR2c/view?usp=sharing