Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Civil war era powder flask

aval

I dug an old home stead today an found part of a powder flask

Attachments

• 20200406_170013.jpg
    20200406_170013.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 121
  • s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 121
Neat find.. I have a couple I have found also... only half like yours though... maybe you can find the spout for it and the other half.. hope so!!

I dug an old home stead today an found part of a powder flask
I think I can shed some light on your cool powder flask find. It's definitely Not military. It's a commercial flask, that would have been purchased in the local hardware or
General Mercantile Store. The Circa is most likely before the Civil War. Buy the end of the war, most guns fired "Fixed" cartridges and powder flasks quickly became
obsolete... but not totally. Commercial flasks usually came in 8oz 12oz or 16oz sizes. and sold from 20 to 50 cents. The adjustable measuring spout is missing, so it
was probable "Re-Purposed" American Indians used them for numerous purposes. Cool Find...! Maybe it belonged to Kit Carson, Daniel Boon, or Davey Crocket...?
A piece of copper that size must have lit up you Nox-600 like a Xmas Tree..!

Regardless of what it is, I'll take it!! Nice find.

Thanks for the info. I saw one on Ebay he mentioned that is from the civil war era. That's why I thought it was
That

Sweet I have found several of the nipple or tops but no flasks or at least a recognizable piece, congrats!
HH Jeff