Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Civil war finds for oakshunter.

quicksilver

Oakshunter is new to the forum, and he is also a good friend of mine, these are pics of his finds over the last couple of months and until he gets the forum all figured out, I'll post pics of his finds for him. He digs a lot of CW relics, his main target, as mine, I don't remember all the stories behind these pics, but the two I clearly remember are the gold coin, which was dug at a camp used by both sides early in the war. The shell was dug in the Antietam area on private property, with land owner permission. The shell, and the coin we're both featured in American digger magazine. Thanks for looking.

I found the 2.50 gold coin in a camp in southern pa. Everyone said it was hunted out. But 5 years later and very slow hunting Im up to 473 keepers out of it. buttons coins and my favorite carved bullets. over 80 of them. Also many types of bullets.

Thanks for the scoop on the gold! To many variable for a site to ever be hunted out lol JMO
Jeff

Amazing finds Congrats

I swung by that coin many times Mike, I think I was hunting that spot also about the time you found it. Oh that one hurts. But I'm very happy for ya you. Rare find.....

Great finds and Historical Saves Oakshunter. I really like the gold coin and the Artillery Shell, heck, all nice finds. Yep, you can tell by the amount of relics you found there that this site was "hunted out" years ago. Lol Congrat's to you. I see by your pic. that you use the MXT PRO also. Great relic detector.

IM sure others went over it too quicksilver. I got a small iron signal along with a high squeak. usually that's an old horse shoe nail. Sure enough a nail popped out first but I waved the plug over the coil and got a 35 reading and the gold was still in the plug. Nail and gold in the same hole. Just lucky that day I guess.

oakshunter said:
IM sure others went over it too quicksilver. I got a small iron signal along with a high squeak. usually that's an old horse shoe nail. Sure enough a nail popped out first but I waved the plug over the coil and got a 35 reading and the gold was still in the plug. Nail and gold in the same hole. Just lucky that day I guess.
That's amazing. I wonder how much stuff is left in the ground because of iron. What machine do you use? Beautiful finds buddy. HH Tim

Cool. I'm out of commission for now or I'd ask you to go hunt. Keep posting your finds. Good luck & HH.