Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CKG Titanium Sand Scoop?

davidm88

I am wondering if anyone has some experience with the CKG titanium scoop? I am using a stainless Sito scoop currently and love it for durability and build quality, but it is heavy. I want to get a second scoop for my wife to use that is light weight and durable. This CKG looks pretty slick but will it perform? Thanks!

Titanium will weigh less and last longer than Stainless Steel of comparable size. The only drawback is the price. BUT, I will never look back and regret the price I paid. My arm's health would be much better had I obtained a Titanium scoop 40 years ago, they just were not available then. A pull handle is aa nice accessory.

The welds on the CKG are basically just "tack" welds. Mine broke within the first week. It might be ok in dry sand only. And their warranty pretty much sucks. With a war going on, they said it would be MONTHS at best to replace it with Titanium if not a year or more. So, they sent me two little SS scoops in place of a Titanium scoop. That was a waste of money, but the experience was worth something. NEVER buy CKG!!!

I decided to get the Stavr Evroexcavator. I wasn't getting a warm fuzzy about CKG or their titanium scoop. I have heard lots of good things about the Stavr and it seems to be light weight for a SS scoop. Already ordered one of Steve's Stavr scoop rods for it.

I bought the Extreme Surf Master X3 with the 54” CF handle. Later on I added the Anderson Neptune T-Grip which is similar to the
CKG Metal Detecting Treasure Hunting Back Saver Pull Handle but is offered in various colors. And I just received the Extreme 3 piece travel
shaft for the Titanium scoop. I'm now ready to travel with the light weight outstanding scoop.

I just bought my wife the CKG stainless steel beach scoop with the break down graphite handles for travel plus the hand grip for Valentine's day. I'm really impressed with both the quality build and the lightness of this scoop. We haven't had a chance to use this yet, but hope to soon. I did a lot of research before purchasing this scoop, and the CKG line had some real good reviews. Good luck to you in your decision.

The welds on the CKG are basically just "tack" welds. Mine broke within the first week. It might be ok in dry sand only. And their warranty pretty much sucks. With a war going on, they said it would be MONTHS at best to replace it with Titanium if not a year or more. So, they sent me two little SS scoops in place of a Titanium scoop. That was a waste of money, but the experience was worth something. NEVER buy CKG!!!
Friend of mine broke his 6 month old CKG Ti scoop, weld broke on the strut, He was surprised to see the strut support is Titanium tube,, Not solid rod. They did sent him another.. New...N/C

Many think Titanium is the trick, I had two made many years ago. I loved the weight ........One lasted 3 years and the other broken in the same spot after 4 plus years.. The problem Ti is so strong and if it's constant bending/flexing it has a tendency to crack (it was explained to me as becoming brittle) And the killer of Titanium is how much oxygen is in the metal, different grades have diff levels, cheaper the grade the more oxygen... my scoops were Grade 7.

Also getting one welded is very costly. if you can find someone to do it. Me, I prefer SS.. The day I can't carry a CF handle SS scoop..is the day I stop detecting.

I am wondering if anyone has some experience with the CKG titanium scoop? I am using a stainless Sito scoop currently and love it for durability and build quality, but it is heavy. I want to get a second scoop for my wife to use that is light weight and durable. This CKG looks pretty slick but will it perform? Thanks!
The SITO scoop is a tank! Pretty much bullet proof. I've had mine for about 5 years and it's holding up great. I've really cranked on it in some harsh conditions.

Exactly if you dig in water that has rocks I have a old sunspot sever heavy duty welded if the scoops underwater I never notice the weight
Mark

I bought a small Nokta stainless scoop for its light weight. Looks like good welds, fairly thick metal, can adjust the handle three different angles,. I put a lightweight handle on it from a broken snow shovel. So far so good, light and sturdy.